Got a new Cafe Racer Duc ;) - Page 2 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
 11Likes

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-06-2016, 03:50 PM

Garage
Gulf paint scheme is dope IMHO. id put some real bars on it, some proper tires, and paint a rear seat cowl to match, then go nuts. maybe even add some more Gulf stickers lol

also, whoever pie-welded that exhaust did a hell of a job from the pics. maybe consider finding a good used Termi and shortening it.

oh and some sort of rear hugger!

good luck with the bike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-06-2016, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmross13 View Post
Gulf paint scheme is dope IMHO. id put some real bars on it, some proper tires, and paint a rear seat cowl to match, then go nuts. maybe even add some more Gulf stickers lol

also, whoever pie-welded that exhaust did a hell of a job from the pics. maybe consider finding a good used Termi and shortening it.

oh and some sort of rear hugger!

good luck with the bike
Thanks, the paint scheme and the exhaust was what sold me on the 795. Could have gotten a M821 but stock for the same price from 2015 but 'stock'.

If I change the handlebars it'll kill the cafe racer look imo but maybe i'll give it a try. Exhaust will most likely stay as is or i'll bring it to Austin Racing and have one of theirs fitted.

Will look exactly the same just sound way more aggressive. If you ever had the chance to listen to an Austin Racing exhaust, you will swipe your card instantly
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 03:31 AM
Mik

Garage
Austin/SC stubby short cans are just yeah too loud for my hearing. Saying that I got a QD ExBox thats loud AF (Embarassingly loud I call it) At least the sound shoots off to the right (kinda) rather than back.
My original Pirelli angels are starting to crack in the grooves. Its coming upto 4yrs old next Feb and looking to replace the tyres shortly.

Great find mate and wish you many kms of riding
Monster795 likes this.

M795.LSL X01 carbon wrapped bar,Scotts 796 bar clamps+Steering dampener,Brembo RCS Brake,Clutch levers,Ilmberger carbon fiber front,rear fenders,cam covers,monoposto,tank center,Custom red/black carbon tank skins,instrument cluster cover,oilcooler shroud,sprocket cover,14/41T Driven sprockets,Bazzaz Zfi,ExBox exhaust,Ducabike rear sets,Clear clutch cover,Pressure plate,spring retainer,slave cyl,AEM triple tree, STM adj forks,rear combi brake light and tail chopped.Thought I finished but no

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 05:41 AM

Stickers would be the first thing to go for me. I'm surprised you are going to change the exhaust. The current exhaust looks like a custom job and fits the bike nicely. Id keep it Dual swing arm and invest money in some forged Alum. Wheels instead. Those tires look cool but I'd want real street tires. It all depends on what kind of roads you are riding on though. Getting a matching seat cowl would finish the paint scheme nicely.
Overall a good looking new gen bike, congrats.

2007 Ducati S4RT
2006 Ducati S2R800 [sold]
My YouTube Videos - S2R800 & S4RT exhaust vids
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 09:14 AM

Garage
As a rule of thumb, unless the tires are obviously new, I swap on new rubber anytime I buy a used bike... you never know how they were treated. Personally, I like the Gulf paint... the GT40 is one of my favorite cars evarrr; I'd have to rearrange the stickers, and get rid of the non essential ones... but I like it. Keep the swingarm and spend the money on other stuffs, and unless the current exhaust just sounds like a can of rocks, I'd keep it, too.

Happy trails!

Dennis

2013 M796 ABS in Artic White
1993 XR650L (the Torque-a-Saurus)
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, I finally got the bike here and even tho the tires still have a good profile they just aren't made for Bangkok streets. Pirelli Diabolos getting mounted this week. The exhaust sounds brutal, so I will think twice if its worth the money to change for the Austin Racing. For now I am getting new tires and do a full service (oil change, fluids, brake pads etc) at the Ducati dealership. Will cost a pretty penny but better safe than sorry
philb, Mik and Charlie98 like this.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-11-2016, 01:28 AM

Garage
sweet! I like the unique color
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-12-2016, 01:02 PM

GREAT looking bike. What clip-ons are those, and what, if any adjustments had to be made to the forks to accept the clip-ons?
Phil
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 11:47 AM

What clip-ons are those, and what, if any adjustments had to be made to the forks to accept the clip-ons?
Phil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode