Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

andd its broken

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  mgrover 
#1 · (Edited)
so today am in a car park, slow speed, bike stalls, when I go to start it up again it starts but theres a clacking sound. so I stop it, and now itll start up, make the sound nad stall very quickly. anyone any ideas? consensuse seems to be that one of the belts snapped, which means its good since the bike was effectively at a stop when it snapped meaning nothing was damaged too much inside.

:(

edit: after googling around is sounds like a dropped valve...**** my life

#5 ·
Nah, if it's broken it's broken. Just keep hitting the start button until it stops making noises altogether. That should fix it.

Reactions: Mik and oldndumb
#9 ·
Or you could just remove the belt cover and see if it is what actually broke. Would only take about 5 minutes for that. Pull the spark plugs and look in the holes and see if the valves are retracting correctly or if they just hang there.

I'm hoping for something more like a starter sprag fell off and is getting hung up on the stator side of things. A broken belt is several thousand dollars in repairs, generally cheaper to do an engine swap.

Reactions: Rosso Classico
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.