Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Tire recommendations

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  u870761 
#1 ·
I have never loved a motorcycle as much as I love my 796. I'm not entirely unhappy with the Diablo Rossi tires that came with the bike, but I live in an area of lots of dirt roads, and lots of paved extreme twisties. Whenever it rains or when the temperatures dropped the DR's just seem to spin in place more than move the bike on the dirt. I had to powerwalk it up my street last week because it iced over the dirt, felt like a little kid who isn't muscular enough to get his BMX up the hill... the point is, any tire recommendations that might keep me riding an extra month without going as extreme as the TKC-80s. What do you guys run on your Monsters? Anyway, pics of my road, it kinda snows without snowing here, and bike attached.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
#4 ·
Thanks for the advice! This is why I asked, because I've seen a lot of tires browsing, but never came across the T30s, and I might give them a shot!

There are quite some threads on this so use the search to get a good range of input.

I love the Pilot 4's. They are more tire than I need. I've used them on the track and street. They are a great road tire and awesome wet tire
Yeah, I did that first, found threads about "snow tires" meaning that someone was parking their bike... and a bunch of threads from 2006 about tires that I felt might be outdated. Some threads about how some people avoid the dirt, there might be tire advice buried in there somewhere. To get out to pavement, I have to go down a mile and a half of dirt, and since it's Minnesota often snow, the only issue I've had is getting back home, there's a hill leading up to the house that likes to ice over. Take it slow, and the bike stops, then starts going backwards and you have to power walk it like a little kid and his pedal bike... take it fast... yeah, I don't think I'll be tryin that any time soon. :wink

#5 ·
I mounted Bridgestone t30 Evos a month ago. It's the new version of T30s. My riding consists of commuting, spirited riding, and track days. I ride mid pack+ in the intermediate group in track days. These tires are much stiffer than the Diablo rosso 2s it replaced but I have no doubt they'll be fine for my purposes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.