Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Show me your 696

72K views 127 replies 54 participants last post by  Dizono 
#1 ·
Eager to see the rest of the monsters out there. Any with upgraded levers and reservoirs.. Wondering if that should be on my wish list

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I've got a 796 with ASV shorty levers. I HIGHLY recommend them. They are soooooo much nicer that the OEM levers.

#3 ·
thanks. Any close pictures to share. I'm considering buying some knock offs to give the shorty's a try first. btw, how of you have include your mods as a signature.

#4 ·
User CP at the top of the screen (just above the ad banner). Then "edit signature" on the left.

I'll have to see if I have any pics on my photobucket account. If I don't, I can take some when I get home on Monday.

#5 ·
cool. Thanks!

#6 ·

#7 ·
I have a 795. same as a 696 chassis wise but with the 796 engine.
I've changed my bars out for LSL carbon coated bars and brembo RCS brake and clutch levers. The wobble of the factory levers got annoying to me (slightly OCD) so I had to change them out. I did have to get different bar clamps to suit the 28mm bar (796 has 28mm, 696/795 has 22mm)

If you want to change your levers then go for it. Definately worth it if they suit your hands better.

Attachments

#8 ·
more pictures

Attachments

#11 ·
nice looking bikes..

Attachments

#18 ·
where did you get that carbon cover from. Its slick!

#20 ·
M795 (696 chassis with 796 engine)

what my bike looks like now. Got new braketech Cobra rotors, New brembo sintered pads front n rear. Factory rotors were warped. These rotors compared to the factories are much thicker and more "free floating" than the tighter factory ones.
Also got Saddlemans gel track seat and since it didn't have any holes in the side to attach my carbon rear monoposto onto (it actually has the nuts underneith the seat, However I must cut the leather) So I also went with Ducabike passenger rearsets.

Attachments

#22 ·
nice. Never knew you could lift the bike on the axle sliders

#24 ·
Beautiful clear blue skies in Saigon.

Attachments

#27 ·
met up with a photographer mate of mine to take some pics.
Taken in District 1 (downtown) Saigon Vietnam. Not wearing my armored jacket due to the 40kph speed limit on bikes (yes all bikes from 49cc - 1300cc+) and due to a lot of stop/start traffic.
I did wear my Draggin kevlar lined cargo pants, Bell Rogue helmet (another mate is the Bell guy for VN) and SPIDI 2014 Dovi replica gloves

1st pic parked infront of the red sign (no parking sign) was at the old American Embassy.
2nd on the corner of Intercontinental hotel and Khumo Plaza building. Got asked to move on by the head of security dressed in a nice pin stripe suit after he complimented me on how beautiful my bike was. Very nice guy he was.
3rd in the alleyways where there are plenty of hostess bars catering to the Japanese.
I wasn't too keen on the last pic with me blocking traffic (as I called it) It was just after 0600hr and traffic was already getting busy. Got a few shots and we took off to next location.

Attachments

#29 ·
Thanks for the kind words :smile
its a saddlemans gel track seat. its got the channel through the middle. much more firmer and a "tighter" fit to the bike though it doesnt fit as well as factorys seat.
I love the Clear clutch cover. Always gets a lot of looks and stares when I'm stopped in traffic.
My wife has stopped complaining about me taking better care of the bike than her lol. My mates also know how much I fuss over my "garage queen" 2.5yrs old now and just over 5,500kms on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.