Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Problem finding a shop that mount tires for single side swingarm monster

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  TRK 
#1 ·
I found a good deal on a set of diablo rosso II and was gonna bring them to a local shop for mounting, the guy refused and said it needs special tool for balancing since mine is single side swingarm.

My local ducati dealer said they won't just mount tires unless you purchase from them for safety reason bs... Not gonna buy a new set from them since I already got them and they'd probably mark up the price and try to rip me off...

Is it true that mounting and balancing tires on a single side swingarm ducati needs special tools? Mine is 2014 monster 1200s

Sent from my SM-G928C using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Read what I said, ( Hit up the trackday and there's usually a tire guy there that will mount tires. ) You don't have to do the trackday but they will mount tires for far less what the dealer charge. I'm sure there's a lot of riders that will mount tires. Hit up the Panigale forum and see if there's anyone local that mounts. Most guys that do trackday have a manual tire mount at the house and can mount tire them self.

#10 ·
So recently, I had to get my rim fixed because I bent it all to high hell on these NYC potholes, I was going to go take it to the Ducati Dealer at Hudson Valley, but their turn around time was 3-4 weeks. I called a few tire spots, but no one wanted to touch it (too much of a liability from what I've heard). Ended up finding a place called DunnSport in The Bronx, they fixed and remounted the tire. Worth giving them a call and asking them.

#11 · (Edited)
What a crock of **** that you have to buy tires from them for them to perform the labor. I'd never give them any business.

Are you willing to do the work yourself? you can buy all the equipment including the adapter to balance the tire. Only problem is it won't pay for itself until you've done several changes. I changed a few tires here and there to get my money back.

You'd need a bread breaker, tire spoons, 3 or 4 rim protectors, compressor (not one of those mini portable ones, but at least a small, gallon sized one; unless you have a shop or gas station one you can use), and a static balancer and adapter for your rear wheel.

#12 ·
Thanks guys for your input, I called a couple place and found a shop 20 mins away from where I live. They specialized in European bike and customization and their price is reasonable so I just got my tired mounted by them this morning.

Issue is I don't have my own garage to work on my bike, plus beside simple oil change and fluid, I don't really trust myself with other mechanical parts and would rather leave this to a professional.

My stock diablo Rosso 2 have almost 7k on them and new tires are way overdue!

Sent from my SM-G928C using Tapatalk

#13 ·
If you need a shop for service Rockwell cycles in ft. Montgomery NY is great. They are a small shop that gives you good service and they will even mount tires that are not purchased from them on single sided swingarms. Price per tire if you buy tires from them is $65

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.