Motive power brake bleeder - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
 3Likes

post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
TRK

Motive power brake bleeder

Does anyone have one? Or do you know if it will fit the monster 1200 reservoirs. I have been trying to contact the company to find out but their customer service has not been so good. Guess they don't need the business
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 04:42 PM

if your buying it because your rear brake is spongy...don't...it wont fix it...you need to remove the caliper and point the bleed screw up to remove the last bit of air.
capebay23 likes this.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
TRK

Brakes are good but want to do preventative maintenance and flush my brakes. I am just looking to see if there is a better way than traditional method or using vacuum bleeder. Thanks for the tip on flipping the rear caliper.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 05:33 PM

Syringe fluid from reservoir... compress brake calliper pads...syringe fluid again...then bleed in fresh fluid...doing it this way and you can flush both front and rear with only one small can of fluid

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Yank33 likes this.

Last edited by Buhgaboo; 06-09-2017 at 06:12 PM.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
TRK

Ok great. Are you just using traditional bleeding technique of pumping them holding lever while cracking open the bleeder? I have read a lot of posts saying the rear was a problem to bleed that's why I was thinking of going with the power bleeder
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 10:39 PM

*if air is present or introduced*...the rear will be IMPOSSIBLE to bleed with any technique or tool unless the caliper is removed...that being said I use the lever and pedal initially to refill the calipers then switch to a hand vac/pump to pull fluid until it's clear but only because it's quick and clean...typically it only takes an ounce or less; for the rear; once it's bled and I'm certain the old fluid is out I will remove the caliper and do a final bleed by hand, pressing the brake pedal by hand and cracking the bleed screw...at least once...it's taught feeling is immediate....caliper just needs the bleed screw aimed up or angled, don't get too carried away...I've pumped liters through my back brake and had no lasting effect until I removed it...a bit of warning...when your compressing the pistons into the caliper make sure the cover is on the reservoir! Same goes for filling the pistons by squeezing the lever

Last edited by Buhgaboo; 06-09-2017 at 10:41 PM.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-10-2017, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
TRK

Thanks for the great info. So for the disk bleeding when the caliper is removed from the disk what do you use to prevent the caliper piston from coming out. Sorry for all of the questions
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-10-2017, 11:09 AM

I used a 10mm allen wrench to keep the pads separated...this is a pic of the front...actually using increasing sized Allen keys I was able to compress the pistons evenly and then left one in as I did the final bleed in the rear

TRK likes this.

Last edited by Buhgaboo; 06-10-2017 at 11:12 AM.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-10-2017, 08:58 PM

I tried everything to bleed my spongy rear brake... mityvac pump, reverse bleed, traditional method... nothing worked.

Finally removed the caliper, flipped it so valve is highest point, strapped to secure, then used mityvac and bam! Tight brake.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capebay23 View Post
I tried everything to bleed my spongy rear brake... mityvac pump, reverse bleed, traditional method... nothing worked.

Finally removed the caliper, flipped it so valve is highest point, strapped to secure, then used mityvac and bam! Tight brake.
Yeah it's a bitch for sure way to go Ducati, I wish they mounted the caliper on the top.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode