Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Monster 1200R header solutions?

9K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  mixed44 
#1 ·
How's it goin everyone? I'm new to the monster family, but not ducati as I have a Panigale as well. Anyways, I just picked up a Monster 1200R yesterday and I ordered an SC-Project CR-T slip on with linkage pipe, but really want to get some titanium headers as well. So my question is, can anyone confirm or deny that the Akrapovic evolution titanium headers will work on the 1200R? The only reason I ask, is that Akrapovic only lists the 1200/1200S on their site, and looking at the OEM part numbers, the 1200S and 1200R have different part numbers for the exhaust components. I did do a search on the forum, so I apologize if I missed this info! Thanks in advance for the help!

-Erik

#2 ·
1200R headers are larger than the rest of the monster family. There is a post somewhere on a Forum where a guy fitted the Akro silencer o to existing 1200R headers but when I contacted UK Akro dealers, they said there were not doing any replacement just for the R

#3 ·
Hey thanks for the response icottier! I also contacted the US Akrapovic offices and they told me pretty much the same thing. It just boggles my mind that there are only slip-ons available for the M1200R! I will continue the search, and maybe look into what the OD of the akra monster 1200S headers are, but it looks like just going the custom route might be my best bet.

#5 ·
@DarR I hadn't seen that exhaust before thanks!! That exhaust does look great, but I have already ordered an SC-Project CR-T slip on, and I'm in love with the looks of it! So that's why I was just looking for the header portion. I really do appreciate the input though!!

#6 ·
@mixed44
I have an SC-Project as well although it's a carbon unit.
You'll most likely need a air/fuel management system with the CR-T as it's just as close to a straight open pipe as you can get.

#7 ·
@DarR Nice! Are you pretty happy with the SC-Project in general? I was planning on ordering the Rapid Bike EVO with the QS add on tomorrow to handle the a/f management. I liked the QS feature on my Panigale so I thought it wouldn't hurt to add one to this.

#8 ·
@mixed44
Couldn't be more pleased. The product quality and fit are outstanding. The welds can be described as art.
Sound is amazing. My model "carbon conic" does not require a rapidbike according to SC.
However, I'm thinking about it, although I'm not sure if it will improve the bike's performance enough to justify the high dollar cost.
I miss the QS of my Panigale as well. Lots of posts about QS on this site. You may want to search and read before you buy the rapidebike version as it may or may not be the best available.

#9 ·
@DarR I'll check out the threads on different quick shifters! I'm not dead set on going with rapidbike for the QS so never hurts to do some research before buying.

#11 ·
haha very true @Sonic Duck ! It's more of the aesthetic for me in this case I think. Having a half titanium half steel exhaust system just bugs me haha. Plus, the way the exhaust is routed on the monsters makes the titanium pop even more after it's been through a few heat cycles!

#18 ·
Man I did just see the Sparks Full system for the 1200R, I normally am not a huge fan of the 2 cannister exhausts, but for some reason the Sparks exhaust just did it for me! If I hadn't already ordered the CR-T I would probably be getting that! I wonder if they will see just the header? Might be worth a call!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.