I'm coming out on the good side of some challenging issues, and have decided to celebrate by buying a full Termi system for my '15 Monster 1200S Stripe. I know most of the basic stuff about it, but had some specific detail questions for those who have them:
1) Buying. Did you get them from your local dealer, a big mail-order (for me) dealer like AMS Ducati, EBay, or what? Curious of experiences one way or the other. I haven't seen a deal that was good enough yet to risk not just getting them from the dealer so far.
2) Installation. Did you have the dealer install them? I know the dealer needs to install the upmap. Did you self-install and get the dealer to do the upmap? How much did they charge for this? Looks easy enough to install myself, but I want to maintain all warranties and such, as it is an expensive part.
3) Extras. I know the regular plastic leg heat shield is retained and I can get a DP carbon version of this. But, is a new heel guard included with the full Termi? If so what is it made of? Probably keep plastic stuff for now and do the carbon as a future "celebration".
4) Weight removal. I know there is some sort of plug cover included so you can remove the servo motor for the stock exhaust flapper. Is there any other extraneous stuff that can go?
5) Sound. After having it a while, did you remove the DB plugs, or vice-a-versa (took them off initially but got tired of the noise)?
I'd appreciate any other details you could provide about this upgrade. The most expensive "part" I've ever gotten for a bike!