Termignoni Full System Fiddly Details - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
 3Likes

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 08:33 AM Thread Starter

Termignoni Full System Fiddly Details

I'm coming out on the good side of some challenging issues, and have decided to celebrate by buying a full Termi system for my '15 Monster 1200S Stripe. I know most of the basic stuff about it, but had some specific detail questions for those who have them:

1) Buying. Did you get them from your local dealer, a big mail-order (for me) dealer like AMS Ducati, EBay, or what? Curious of experiences one way or the other. I haven't seen a deal that was good enough yet to risk not just getting them from the dealer so far.

2) Installation. Did you have the dealer install them? I know the dealer needs to install the upmap. Did you self-install and get the dealer to do the upmap? How much did they charge for this? Looks easy enough to install myself, but I want to maintain all warranties and such, as it is an expensive part.

3) Extras. I know the regular plastic leg heat shield is retained and I can get a DP carbon version of this. But, is a new heel guard included with the full Termi? If so what is it made of? Probably keep plastic stuff for now and do the carbon as a future "celebration".

4) Weight removal. I know there is some sort of plug cover included so you can remove the servo motor for the stock exhaust flapper. Is there any other extraneous stuff that can go?

5) Sound. After having it a while, did you remove the DB plugs, or vice-a-versa (took them off initially but got tired of the noise)?

I'd appreciate any other details you could provide about this upgrade. The most expensive "part" I've ever gotten for a bike!

_______
Smilodon
V V
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 09:55 AM

1. I waited several months before purchasing my full system. The waiting extender through Christmas and I still didn't find anything betterment than what the dealer had to offer.

2. I polished the pipes before having the dealer install them. They are installing this week and I should have completed pictures by tomorrow. As part of this, I uninstalled the stock pipes and exhaust valve servo. Great learning experience and not too much trouble. However, don't bother trying to install the new pipes. It's worth the money to let them do it and do it right. It's NOT as easy as it looks!

3. It does come with a new heel guard. Appears to be a hard plastic similar to the leg shield.

4. If you haven't already removed the evaporation box, go ahead and knock it out at the same time or have the dealer do it. It's a quick removal. Other than that, there's not anything else I can think of that comes off as part of the Termi install.

5. I'm starting out without the plugs. I have also heard of guys that have drilled holes in the plugs to achieve a sound somewhere in the middle of having them or not having them.

You won't regret the purchase. I've installed full Termis on 5 of my ducatis and love everything about it. Excited to pick up my M1200s tomorrow!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 03:39 PM

Here it is!

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

That's different... Pretty cool!

_______
Smilodon
V V
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 03:45 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwflDuc View Post
Here it is!

Is that chrome? Is that even legal on a Ducati!!!
DarR likes this.

2007 Sportster 1200C - sold
2014 Monster 1200S
2016 Ultra Limited
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianq103 View Post
Lol not chrome! It has a brown tint to it and matches really well to the gold accents on the bike. Give me a little credit!

DarR likes this.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Hey now....KNOW YOUR ROOTS!

Rosso Classico likes this.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 10:19 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwflDuc View Post
Lol not chrome! It has a brown tint to it and matches really well to the gold accents on the bike. Give me a little credit!

Thank God! My A.D.O.S. disease was starting to come back!

2014 Monster 1200S
2016 Ultra Limited
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 10:26 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Duck View Post
Hey now....KNOW YOUR ROOTS!

Stop!!!

OK,Brian...easy does it...Must not by chrome sliders...must not attach leather streamers to bar weights...must not apply "live free and ride hard" stickers to gas tank!!!

2014 Monster 1200S
2016 Ultra Limited
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Stop!!!

OK,Brian...easy does it...Must not by chrome sliders...must not attach leather streamers to bar weights...must not apply "live free and ride hard" stickers to gas tank!!!
Really want your mind blown? This was a stock color.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode