2017 Monster 1200 S shift lever adjustment w/DQS - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mister Ducati

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
2017 Monster 1200 S shift lever adjustment w/DQS

I know it's a little early in the model but Saturday I picked up a 2017 Monster 1200 S and the shift lever is a little high for me. I wanted to adjust the position but because of the DQS it doesn't have the usual lock nuts and sleeve design. I checked the owner's manual that they gave me but it shows the standard threaded sleeve/tube design that we all know. Has anyone else come across this setup and found out how to adjust it? I have an idea that should work but I would hate to throw off the DQS sensor angles if they matter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170327_143351_resized.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	203058  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 09:47 PM

This is something you should have asked your dealer to do before taking possession of the bike.
Here you go - Note - take care not to overtighten any bolts as it is very easy to damage the components.

Remove bolt #9
Loosen bolt #12
Rotate the adjustable link #13 to achieve the desired length then tighten bolt #12 ( carefully) this one is easy to do damage to the link.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gear Shift.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	203074  
Classico Rosso likes this.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
i didn't think it was that high when I first rode it. Took getting comfortable for me to notice. That's the method I was thinking of using so I'm glad to see it verified. Thanks.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 01:32 PM

Did you figure it out? How does it feel now? Considering trading in my 14 for a 17.

2007 Monster 695 - SOLD
2014 Monster 1200S
2001 Honda RC51
2016 BMW S1000RR
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I adjusted it as explained by Mister Ducati. Just needed one rotation out of it. So far I love it but I'm coming from riding an R6 so it's a completely different beast. Just got her Saturday so I'm trying to baby her and haven't really let it rip yet. Really comfortable ride. Seat is comfortable. My back doesn't hurt when I'm done. My first Ducati though so I can't really say how it compares to previous generations. Just bummed it hasn't been out longer so that I could get a fender eliminator and whatever else I decide she needs.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 10:58 AM

Thanks for this, I asked my dealer to adjust it and they moved item 15 one tooth. Wrong move the lever was to far down and I couldn't even get my foot between it. After seeing this I did exactly as decribed rotating 13 2 turns. It's perfect now.

Thanks for the helpful diagram and directions
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 07:01 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzoo375 View Post
I Just bummed it hasn't been out longer so that I could get a fender eliminator
Contact Evotech as the tail of the 1200 "R" is very similar to the new "S". They're working on one now so it should not be too long before it's available.

Current rides:
2016 Ducati Monster 1200 R Badass Black
2016 White Ducati Panigale 959
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 08:47 PM

I had previously sent an email to Evotech on June 6th about the tail tidy and they said it was about 4 weeks out.

2017 Monster 1200S (Concrete Gray)

Previous Motorcycles:
2013 Honda CB 500F
2008 Honda CBR600RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode