Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Healtech IQSE quickshifter on 1200 r, anyone?

21K views 29 replies 9 participants last post by  DarR 
#1 ·
I have ordered a Healtech IQSE quickshifter for my 1200 R.
According to Healtech installation should be pretty straight forward.
Has anyone over here installed it already, and is it really that simple to install?
Tips and tricks are welcome!
https://www.healtech-electronics.com/products/qse/

#2 ·
Yes and yes.
HealTech has the best installation instructions I have seen. They are model specific, not generic as with most others. Using your Android phone makes adjustments fast and easy.
Placing the box under the seat takes a bit of fiddling but doable.
Just be very sure you ordered the correct pieces for your bike. So many offerings it is easy to make an ordering mistake.
After riding with it a while you will notice your forearms bulking up a bit. That is from having to hold onto the bars tighter. ;-)

#7 ·
Absolutely. We've discuss this on another thread as well. I have also asked my parts manager about the new OEM QS on the 2017 1200S but have yet to get a response about 1200R compatibility. Can't wait to share that info with you guys when I get an answer...hopefully a positive one.

#8 ·
Fitment of a Ducati QS to an earlier model is dependent on the ECU having inputs for gear position and the QS itself. The electrical schematic should provide that information.

My last two bikes have had a QS on them. I used it extensively on the EVO, not so much on the R. The difference in torque and horsepower makes the QS not very compatible with city driving.

#9 ·
A must admit that since I've changed the levers to short Pazzo's, my shifts are crisper and cleaner.
Consequently, a QS for me would be more of a want than a need.

#10 ·
The QS of the new 1200S won't work because the 1200S uses a different motormanagement which is not compatible with the R's motormanagement.
I would have preferred to use the OEM part as well...
I am however not really interested in downshifting with the QS, that would only be nice to have for me.

#12 ·
Finally installed the Healtech QS last weekend.
Installation was really as easy as Oldndumb said it is.
Adjustment was also quite simple. Just needed to do a small re-adjustment after the first 200 km.
Now playing with the cut-off settings.
It's like riding a completely different bike now.
Just worried about loosing my license a bit more ;-)

#13 ·
After some months of struggling with the Healtech QS I'm finally fed up and removed it from the bike.
Shifting up is working flawless, but the engine keeps randomly stalling when shifting back from 4 to 3, and even more from 3 to 2 which has given me some serious challenges ;-)
The Dutch agent has replaced the original unit with a new one, but the problem keeps popping up randomly. It makes no difference if the engine is warm or not.
Bypassing the QS immediately solves the problem.
The bike has had several checks at the dealership, and I have also asked them to setup/adjust the QS, just to be absolutely sure that I did not miss anything and the QS is installed and adjusted properly.
I'm done with the Healtech QS. Hopefully Ducati will introduce a new R model with QS... ;-)
If anyone has a clue about what is causing th issue, I'm open for suggestions!

#26 ·
Service and communication has been good here also. Thing runs great. How did I manage without it?
Sure it's up only but I've tried the Ducati up and down QS and I'm not that impressed with the down.
For the Annitori, I can feel the thing trying to cut off when trying to find neutral (which makes sense) but I got used to it.
As far as settings, near 80 seems to work best for me for both sensitivity and cut-off but I'll keep experimenting with it especially around neutral.
100% satisfied. The little issues are non-issues.

#28 · (Edited)
Try 80/80 and let me know how you like those settings.
Each bike is different but the Testastetta's gearbox is clunky and require much more conviction than a Superquadro.
In other words, it needs more sensitivity to trigger the QS sooner and more time for the gearbox to react.

#29 ·
Played around with the different sensitivity settings, what I figured out is depending on which shoes I am wearing (race boots, or work boots) makes a difference. With race boots, 70 is good, with work boots, 65 is good. I guess it must have something to do with how "thick" the boot is at the shifter point of contact.

#30 ·
True that. I've noticed a slight difference between Sidi race boot vs Sidi riding bootlets.
Not enough to make me change the settings tho.
About the sensitivity and cut-off time settings:
I've had a few mis-shifts with the lower settings. That's why I've raised them.
The gearbox is more engaging now. Every gearbox is different.
Nice to be able to adjust it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.