Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

What have you done to your Monster today?

20K views 68 replies 25 participants last post by  DarR 
#1 ·
GiPro indicator in white
Pazzo levers
Rizoma gas cap

All went on this warm day today. Also got to ride since putting bike away for winter

Vehicle Auto part Car Speedometer Tachometer

Auto part Vehicle Car

Auto part Vehicle Tire Mountain bike Wheel

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

See less See more
#7 ·
It does however I still secure it with the rubber piece it comes with in case

Let me know how the Corbin is, wondering if I'll have trouble since my rapid bike barely fits under the seat. Was thinking about the Corbin with backrest to take my gf on back.

#20 ·
I just copied the idea from one of our fellow rider ....

Took me about an hour to cut and shape the plastics .. and overnight to dry the spray paint

Looks good to me ..... of course.

View attachment 202634

Cheers

Good stuff man I've left the holes in my and was thinking about the rizoma cover.

Nyc was 65 the other day now it's going to be 30s all week, fack

#21 ·
Discovered how it absorbs impact.

The tyre deflates

The front spokes crack

The frame bends

Identical on the other side as well.

Oh, and if you give the right peg a bash

Me, did a pirouette with a roll and half tuck across the bonnet of the car that failed to give way and now a little bruised. But, a nice big insurance cheque which will put the 2017 model in the garage.

#33 ·
Don't know whether this is the right place to ask but : I'm looking for some frame sliders and i was thinking about the Puig R12, thing is, there's no info whatsoever on the 'net about them, specifically, their size/length and how much they protrude from the sides and be able to protect that huge radiator.
This is the reason why i rejected the idea of getting the Rizoma B-pro sliders since...they're very short and in the case of a tip-over, they won't be able to protect the radiator.

The Evotech ones are extremely expensive IMO while the R&G ones...i'm in Euroland so that's a no-go.

Thanks

#34 ·
@Classico Rosso
I own Evotech (tail tidies on both bikes) and R&G frame sliders on the Panigale and our CBR300R. None on the Monster yet.
You may want to start a thread on it if one doesn't already exist.
I'd certainly be interested in following the related posts and various comments on those and other products such as the Puig R12 you mentioned.
As an aside, what's with the comment about R&G and Euroland?

#35 ·
@Classico Rosso
I own Evotech (tail tidies on both bikes) and R&G frame sliders on the Panigale and our CBR300R. None on the Monster yet.
You may want to start a thread on it if one doesn't already exist.
I'd certainly be interested in following the related posts and various comments on those and other products such as the Puig R12 you mentioned.
As an aside, what's with the comment about R&G and Euroland?
Do it :D

Also, my bad, i got confused with the speedymoto ones (which are American if i'm not mistaken).

Regarding the Puig R12, just found this : https://youtu.be/H-KI6AUYZa8?t=2m29s
It's in Spanish but you get the idea...Shows packaging, installation and final look.

Regarding Puig, their website is a friggin' mess...
They mention that the frame sliders come in 2 different lengths and various colors but...good luck trying to contact them OR their authorized sellers - not even they can tell you about the different SKU's as word from the factory in Spain is...sparse/broken.Awesome way of running a company guys... ;)

Regarding Evotech, they're a good company with quality products, gonna go for their radiator protector and rear wheel crash pads

#36 · (Edited)
@Classico Rosso
Totally agree about the quality which I can extend to R&G frame sliders.
My wife's CBR was dropped on three occasions and the sliders took one for the team each time. Collateral damage was limited to very light scratches on the mirror and lever edges. No fairing damage which for me, was the reason for the purchase. I haven't dropped the Pani and hope I never will. The professional installation took forever, but that's not a criticism. These things are solid with multiple points of attachments which differentiates them from most.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.