Monster 1200 Dyno Charts - Page 2 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
 7Likes

post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 09:32 AM Thread Starter

Garage
BTW, I'm not criticizing Remus or Cycle World in any way here. All I'm saying is that Dyno numbers are only good for measuring the difference between the stock (baseline) number and those produced by any modifications on the same bike measured back to back. Dyno numbers are only good for relative comparisons not absolute figures.

Current rides:
2016 Ducati Monster 1200 R Badass Black
2016 White Ducati Panigale 959
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 03:22 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarR View Post
The chart I posted was for the R at 154.9HP which is very optimistic and only 5HP off from the number posted by Ducati measured at the crank. That's exactly my point as posted in the "Monster 1200 R Aftermarket Exhaust" thread. With a 20hp variations between dyno's, who knows what the real outputs are.
In Europe, the chart shows normally the output at the crank, not a the rear wheel. I measured my 1200S with original and Remus exhaust.

With Remus 134 HP at the rear wheel, original exhaust 132 HP, both with installed db-killer. Interesting the torque between 3700 and 5200rpm.
DarR likes this.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 07:38 AM Thread Starter

Garage
@rocroc
Remus measuring at the crank makes their numbers reasonable. Thank you for the clarification and sharing your charts.
Could you explain the second chart?

Current rides:

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 09:31 AM

Garage
The second chart shows the AFR values. There are special measurement holes in the exhaust where you can connect sensors. I think there is a little delay while accelerating on the dyno. The power curve corresponds with the AFR values if you include the delay. The Remus is richer in the low rpm range and produces there more torque. In the higher rpm range the Monster runs with both exhausts quite rich like most of the bikes: The AFR is focused on safety, richer = cooler.

So you can gain some more ponies with an individual mapping ;-).
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocroc View Post
The second chart shows the AFR values. There are special measurement holes in the exhaust where you can connect sensors. I think there is a little delay while accelerating on the dyno. The power curve corresponds with the AFR values if you include the delay. The Remus is richer in the low rpm range and produces there more torque. In the higher rpm range the Monster runs with both exhausts quite rich like most of the bikes: The AFR is focused on safety, richer = cooler.

So you can gain some more ponies with an individual mapping ;-).

Is the delay the reason for the lower Remus numbers in the first graph around 3500 RPM?
I've been thinking of getting the Remus for my 1200s. How is the seat of the pants feel vs stock?
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 01:02 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum View Post
Is the delay the reason for the lower Remus numbers in the first graph around 3500 RPM?
I've been thinking of getting the Remus for my 1200s. How is the seat of the pants feel vs stock?
The numbers under 3700rpm with the Remus are not correct on my chart, measurement started about 3700rpm. We didn't want to stress the engine to much after two runs with the original exhaust. In practice the Remus performs very well in low rpm range. He has a small dent in the middle rpm range, not really noticeable (like the additonal peak power). I'm still happy with this slip-on after 34'500km, lightweight, pretty nice sound, high quality.
Quantum likes this.
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocroc View Post
I think there is a little delay while accelerating on the dyno. The power curve corresponds with the AFR values if you include the delay.
1) is the delay responsible for the Remus running lean from 3~5k RPM?
2) is that an unmodified fuel map?

Current rides:
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 02:53 PM

Garage
Sorry, my comment was not correct for this chart... I had another in my mind's eye. The Remus is leaner in low rpm with full throttle. But a value about 13.2 is what we want. I installed some weeks later a RapidBike. The standard map for the M1200S was leaner in mid and high rpm range at full throttle. Worked very well. The map in these charts is stock.

Gesendet von meinem SM-T800 mit Tapatalk
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
@rocroc
Thanks for that. I'm seriously thinking about a RapidBike as well. I have some due diligence to perform as I have learned today from my accessories dealer that European, US and Canadian ECU's may be differently mapped to comply with local EPA regulations. Therefore a European unit may not work well in another region. I'm looking into this now to differentiate between facts and fiction.

Current rides:
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I received a prompt response for Rapid Bike about regional ECU differences and accordingly it's not an issue.
Here's their response:
Yes there may be some regional differences between the stock ECUs but this is irrelevant to how rapid bike works and makes adjustments so we have had nothing but good success with it, however, this next sentence is absolutely unique to Monster 821/1200 models which is , we can not make any adjustments below 3000 RPM on these particular models, when we do check engine light gets triggered which does not affect in running of the bike... But still when we set up your system we basically make no adjustments below that RPM and in reality below 3000 RPM is pretty useless anyways....

Current rides:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode