Recommended Exhaust 1200s - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
 14Likes

post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 06:06 AM Thread Starter

Recommended Exhaust 1200s

I have a 16' Monster 1200s and I'm looking to upgrade my exhaust next month from the stock setup. I've deliberated on whether or not to do it at all because the stock pipes sound great as it is. However, the adjustments to the map, extra hp, and sound have me convinced that it's worth the investment.

The big question is - which system is the right one? Whichever I choose I will go with the full system as apposed to slip ons. That much I know. But from there which brand is best?

The Termis are tried and true. They come with the map, full headers, and claim a 5% increase to performance. They also sound amazing.

As of late, I'm being steered towards the Akro setup. I have not heard it in person but I'm told it automatically tunes itself and is less expensive than the Termi (although cost isn't a factor here). I like the look of the black cans with metallic print. The yellow print doesn't go with the bike. Another poster mentioned the Akro not coming with a full size header? Can someone confirm?

There's also a handful of other choices but I don't feel they are made for Ducati like the Termi and Akro systems so I've limited my research to these two. Would like to get the rest of the groups opinion on the matter.

"As a boy I had monsters under my bed and now as an adult they live in the garage. Just can't get away from them." - Numbercruncher
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 02:35 PM

If I were looking to waste money, I'd go with the Zard someone recently posted. Best looking imho.

But I went with a Shift-Tech and am happier than a clam with it and saved a lot of money so what do I know?
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 06:23 PM

Garage
I recently went with the Akrapovic. I will say I was a little annoyed that the headers didn't come with the number 2 collector pipe you have to use the stock one. I've always like Akrapovic but, I feel they dropped the ball on this one. To me the Term's are way over priced for what you get. If they had titanium headers I would have probably went with them. There isn't a lot to choose from if you are looking for a full system. Moto Corse makes a beautiful exhaust but it's 6500 usd and that's just stupid in my opinion.

I posted a link and some pics the other day about Zard releasing a new full system. It's freaking beautiful.. It is on the pricey side, website showers 3500 usd +\- but it looks awesome. I had a Zard on my 1098S and it sounded great. I sent www.BellissiMoto.com an email on the Zard they are going to send me there price on the full system. I'm seriously considering selling my Akrapovic and buy the Zard full system.

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 09:15 PM

I've have and recommend the Shift-Tech carbon slip on short version and it's awesome.
I've run it for 1500 miles now and it sounds amazing. I suggest ear plugs without the DB killer installed.
I went with it because it shows off the rear wheel the most of any exhaust and it doesn't get hot to touch if my wife rides with me.
After riding on the highway, the bike seems to adjust to it and it quiets down to stock sound levels.
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 09:25 PM

I have a 2015 S Stripe - I have Termis on my two S4RS's (the 998 Testra versions) and I liked them a lot - so I put slip-ons on my 2015, and did the up-map. The combination has been great. I have the rapidbike ready to install next, and will follow DumbnOld's method of removing the exhaust servo flapper.

As i shared in another area of the forum, my S4RS's termis, w/o dB killers just simply snarl and bark and sound really amazing. The slip-on's with the dB killers in sound much deeper and richer than stock, but not enough to bother my neighbors. I installed them and rode the bike to the dealer to get the up-map installed. the up-map was worth the whole purchase price - it ran a lot better after the new mixture maps were installed.
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 09:40 AM

Ducati Motogp and World Superbike bikes uses Akrapovic ...... there must be a reason
Think about it ..

Cheers

on the ground a Big 18 wheeler
In the air a Huge 747...
Monster 1200
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bono61 View Post
Ducati Motogp and World Superbike bikes uses Akrapovic ...... there must be a reason
Think about it ..

Cheers
Because Akro paid more than Termi?

"As a boy I had monsters under my bed and now as an adult they live in the garage. Just can't get away from them." - Numbercruncher
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 12:05 PM

[QUOTE=SwflDuc;3076378]Because Akro paid more than Termi?

I actually dont use any of those ... I just see that Ducati Motogp and Yamahe Motogp uses Akra and Honda repsol uses Termi
Accordinding to you, performance doesnt have anything to it..
Just thought that if Ducati change there should be a reason more than just money ...
you dont win a World Championship with money ..... you win with performance
Just mytwo cents
I am Honda fan in motogp .... so dont say they are the champs because termi .... last year was Yamaha

Cheers

on the ground a Big 18 wheeler
In the air a Huge 747...
Monster 1200
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwflDuc View Post
Because Akro paid more than Termi?
"
Of course, we all know that the teams are never interested in using equipment they believe will allow them a chance for a podium.
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldndumb View Post
Of course, we all know that the teams are never interested in using equipment they believe will allow them a chance for a podium.
Lol +1

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode