Battery location WORST setup ever created - Page 2 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
 29Likes

post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 01:17 PM

or learn to read a wiring diagram? Open fused connector under the tank intended for heated grips, DDS connector under the seat...leaves only one additional wire to connect to the battery.
shift26, Brianq103, Lylas and 1 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
And Sonic Duck goes BOOM! Dang son.
shift26 and icottier like this.

09 Aprilia RS125 plated< NEW info> Now a 144 and back on the road!
06 Paul Smart Sport Classic NFS ever.
08 S4RS Tricolore #081 NFS ever.
The pink Monster has moved away.
97 900SS CR
72 Norton Commando 750
03 KX60 with S4R rear shock,Honda CB350F, Hodaka Ace90, 3x Yam-YGS1, Yam-CS3 200, Vespa small frame, Gilera 106, Puch Sabre, Puch 50 Boy Racer, Benelli 250, Benelli 360, Honda CB350T, and many more.
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 11:32 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Duck View Post
or learn to read a wiring diagram? Open fused connector under the tank intended for heated grips, DDS connector under the seat...leaves only one additional wire to connect to the battery.
I ran the power for the alarm directly to the battery. Everything else is pulling power from either the connector under the seat (via the Optimate O-47 adapter I'm using for the battery tender) or from the connector at the front left using the kit I bought (GPS power). I just have to remember that when I re-purpose the pig tails from the battery tender kit that the accessory end is actually opposite from what it says!
Sonic Duck likes this.

2007 Sportster 1200C - sold
2014 Monster 1200S
2016 Ultra Limited

post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianq103 View Post
I ran the power for the alarm directly to the battery. Everything else is pulling power from either the connector under the seat (via the Optimate O-47 adapter I'm using for the battery tender) or from the connector at the front left using the kit I bought (GPS power). I just have to remember that when I re-purpose the pig tails from the battery tender kit that the accessory end is actually opposite from what it says!
So odd....seems smart yet owns Hardleys...

post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 05:19 PM

Garage
How do you guys run extra cables directly to the battery without making new holes in the battery box? Could you post a photo? I'm just worried about water getting into the box.

Thanks,

post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegarider View Post
How do you guys run extra cables directly to the battery without making new holes in the battery box? Could you post a photo? I'm just worried about water getting into the box.

Thanks,

Seems logical to first consider where/how the stock wires enter the battery box and then piggy back onto them. Not easy peasy but doable.
omegarider likes this.
post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 12:15 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Duck View Post
So odd....seems smart yet owns Hardleys...

I will ride just about anything...just ask my ex-wives!
Sonic Duck and DarR like this.

2007 Sportster 1200C - sold
2014 Monster 1200S
2016 Ultra Limited
post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 09:38 PM

Garage
Lol ... Dropping the battery isn't an issue, it's raising it that's a pain. I used my car jack to push everything in that battery compartment back to flush.

2014 Ducati Panigale 899
2014 Ducati Monster 1200
post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panic View Post
Lol ... Dropping the battery isn't an issue, it's raising it that's a pain. I used my car jack to push everything in that battery compartment back to flush.
Hmm.....
post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 10:09 AM

The only reason I can think of to stick the battery in such a bad spot is to force people to use your proprietary battery charger. Asking people to not be mad at bad design is silly, of course it's logical to be able to do things on your bike like connect things to the battery, or even get a jump start but noway on the monster 1200. I love riding the bike but the battery is some ridiculous BS lol. I am not drilling holes or zip tying a bunch of crap up my frame so I will try to find some other way to hook up my Firstgear heated harness without doing that or just not install that on this bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode