Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

can you give me a reason not to?

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  rlporter5 
#1 ·
can you give me a good reason not to buy this instead of lets say a pitbull front and rear stand? looks like I would spend about $100 more it total, but I gain a ton of mobility with the bike on the stand. Am I maybe missing something big here? I have never had a stand before, so I am not sure what little things to look for.

#2 ·
Look pretty good to me, pretty pricey but if the wheels hold up long term they do offer advantages over more conventional stands. Did a quick look and I couldn't find out what kind of warranty they offer.

#5 ·
Yeah, I'm wondering what the purpose of a stand is, other than service? I have both front and rear Pitbull stands (truly excellent). Rear for chain maintenance, tire changes, and oil changes (though I generally use my lift for those) and front for tire changes. I can't think of how you change tires with the device shown, unless I'm missing something.

#6 ·
good points, thanks. looks like using the front for tire changes would be indeed be impossible with these. but the rear would be the same as the pitbull would it not? my thinking is that the hybrid rear stand from pitbull is 209 and the front stand is 155, so 364 or 511 for these. Actually I have never taken the front tire off before, but I would like the option to, however I do work on my bike alot and am tired of relying on a kickstand while removing tank, bars, etc. I guess I could always pick up a used fork mount stand later just for tire changes. I am really just trying to make room in my garage, because my son turns 3 this winter and i am getting him a ktm 50 mini or similar for his birthday. of course that means I need an off road bike so I can teach him to ride. I'll probably think about it a bit longer and wait until the USD to AUD exchange bottoms out and then buy it.

#10 ·
Look at this dolly if you are looking for space and mobility
Pretty much the same price but a lot more things that you can do with
Look for monster 1200 dolly there are a few websites with it

Land vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.