Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Anybody running a steering dampener?

7K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Mikefred 
#1 ·
I done a search and couldn't find any info on the 1200's. Is anyone running a steering stabilizer? I'm pretty sure I'm gonna need one before too long. I haven't checked with crg yet but I like the rotary style on my sport bikes, but I'm not opposed to running something else if anybody has any suggestions. I'm sure ohlins has something for it but I would like to get some input from you guys. Thanks in advance

#4 ·
I stayed stock. Others have used Rizoma riser clamps however. Maybe one of them will chime in here. I can tell you, if you venture off from stock be aware of what you are buying fits the bars and clamps. It's not clear and there is limited info out there.

#17 ·
I went kinda "old school" look on mine (plus it was WAAAAAYYYY cheaper than the Ohlins/DucaBike set up)

All ordered from www.fastfromthepast.com
NHK damper 130mm stroke
55mm fork bracket and 27mm frame bracket.
Note: the 27mm bracket is too big- frame is 25mm. I made a shim from some sheet metal to make up the difference.

Need the play around with it a bit more for bracket position etc.- comes a bit close to my knee.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.