Any Issues with the 1200 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
 26Likes

post #1 of 65 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Any Issues with the 1200

Hello, looking at trading my 2016 gsxs 1000 for a nos 2014 1200. Are there any serious flaws or issues I should be concerned with. The dealer is two and a half hours away and is not really convenient to get there often.

Thanks

Last edited by Dark; 06-17-2016 at 10:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 65 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 01:15 PM

Mirrors suck but you can change them. Dash is invisible during the day due to glare. Who cares since you "feel a Ducati" . thats it amazing bike
post #3 of 65 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 02:37 PM

I don't get all the whining about the display?

Sure, it does wash out when sunlight hits it from certain angles, usually from over the rider's shoulder but that does not relegate it to being " invisible during the day due to glare."

Methinks some tend to exaggerate.
swebers likes this.

post #4 of 65 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldndumb View Post

Sure, it does wash out when sunlight hits it from certain angles, usually from over the rider's shoulder but that does not relegate it to being " invisible during the day due to glare."

Give it time to get some scratches old man.
post #5 of 65 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldndumb View Post

Lets see I have 9k miles on this bike love it terribly but the dash with the sun behind you is invisible period. If you disagree with that then you don't ride.....not calling you out but many people trade their bikes in with 1000 miles or less. Then I guess you would be ok with it. I think the bikes expensive and more thought should have gone into it. To me it is just annoying thats all.

For scratches I put this anti glare guard that somebody here pointed me too. No real help on the glare since when I am riding in the am the sun is directly behind me. However, it does stop scratches.
post #6 of 65 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Duck View Post
Give it time to get some scratches old man.
Another issue, so long as you are foolish enough to put the scratches in yourself. Far as I can tell scratches are caused; they do not grow by themselves.

BTW, coincidentally I received some fresh microfiber towels from http://www.autogeek.net/ today. Sounds like you should be using some.
post #7 of 65 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 04:54 PM

Garage
Yeah, the screen can be invisible at times but when you do see it...it looks really nice.
oldndumb and Scubaman like this.
post #8 of 65 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubaman View Post
Lets see I have 9k miles on this bike love it terribly but the dash with the sun behind you is invisible period. If you disagree with that then you don't ride.....not calling you out but many people trade their bikes in with 1000 miles or less. Then I guess you would be ok with it. I think the bikes expensive and more thought should have gone into it. To me it is just annoying thats all.

For scratches I put this anti glare guard that somebody here pointed me too. No real help on the glare since when I am riding in the am the sun is directly behind me. However, it does stop scratches.
Still sounds like whining to me.
post #9 of 65 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 05:28 PM

Garage
I've had no problems except when I don't give the fuel system a chance to prime before I start it up. I have no problems with the screen either. I turned it to night mode and got it a screen protector off of Amazon as soon as I bought it (I commute on my bike rain or shine). Maybe my polarized glasses help? My height causes more viewing problems than anything (but then I have to take my eyes off the road for every motorcycle screen I've used).

My only complaint is the rearsets, but that seems to have been solved by Ducabike (too expensive) and those new Gecko ones (which I'll be ordering soon).
oldndumb likes this.

Sometimes you have to just let the arrow fly...

Last edited by paradox206; 06-17-2016 at 06:24 PM.
post #10 of 65 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 07:13 PM

Only issue with the 1200s is ,it's a damn good bike.Should not have procrastinated and bought it months early.Its a Ducati ,it's way different to the Japanese steed.Just get onboard and enjoy the experience,the bike will exceed all your expectations,double thumbs up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode