Any Issues with the 1200 - Page 7 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
 26Likes

post #61 of 65 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 12:31 PM

Hello, first non-introduction post here. I just picked up my new 1200S last week from an out of town dealership. when I went to pick it up it was storming so it had to go directly on the trailer. When I got it home the first thing I noticed was that I have 0 rear brake. I can push the lever all the way down with my right foot and still push the bike around with my left leg. with just a few minutes of searching I found this thread and several others. the issue doesn't even appear to be isolated to monsters either, as Multi guys are reporting the same problem. There are tons of ideas on how to fix and a lot of conflicting fixes. For those of you that had this issue and were able to get it fixed at the dealer, what exactly did they do, and what did you ask them to do? Right now I have a service appointment for "no rear brakes". should I ask specifically to have the rears bleed with the rear of the bike in the air and caliper raised overhead, or should I ask for a new master cylinder? I would just really love to enjoy my brand new bike without having to take it back to the same dealer over and over for a basic brake bleed and 2 week fix.

As for the problem with the display I have to agree with the bad design. The glare is pretty ridiculous. I have ordered a Nushield Dayvue ipad film. I will cut this to fit when it comes and post before/after photos. In my experience the NuSheild Dayvue is substantially better at anti reflectivity than any other film.
Radracer6 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 65 (permalink) Old 07-17-2016, 08:32 AM

Any Issues with the 1200

Please let us know how the screen protector works.

With regards to the rear brake I've bled the brake myself and although the pedal feels hard and not mushy the brake hardly works. I'm also curious how the dealers have done it differently, maybe it an issue w the abs? I'll have to try bleeding it with the caliper off and on top of the rotor

I've also now had the bike turn off on me when coming to a stop, not sure why this happens. Maybe because it runs lean

Update: I installed an anti glare ipad screen protector on the gauges and wrapped my windscreen in black vinyl. Seems to help quite a bit in reading the display in bright sunlight in night mode.

Last edited by Radracer6; 07-30-2016 at 04:22 PM.
post #63 of 65 (permalink) Old 08-03-2016, 11:38 AM

I installed the nueshield dayvue with nothing else to help shield the display from the sun. I then took about a 220 mile ride during clear skies at midday. Did it take the glare away completely? Not even close, but here is what it did do. Never in my 220 miles was I unable to read at least the speed. Even in the brightest most direct sunlight on it I could see the speedo but would have a harder time with some of the smaller numbers. This is in contrast to how it was previously, which is to say I could see absolutely zero in those same conditions. I am going to put it in night view during daylight today and see how that helps. I also had some micro scratching on the screen, and after applying the film the scratches are completely hidden and no light "dances" on the scratches any longer.

overall it is worth the $25 for sure, and if you buy ipad size it will give you enough to do it 3 times as long as your cut conservatively. My favorite part about this film vs other anitglare films is that it does not really dull out the sharpness like a basic matte film. it maintains almost all of the sharpness and brightness.

post #64 of 65 (permalink) Old 08-03-2016, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebikes View Post
I installed the nueshield dayvue with nothing else to help shield the display from the sun. I then took about a 220 mile ride during clear skies at midday. Did it take the glare away completely? Not even close, but here is what it did do. Never in my 220 miles was I unable to read at least the speed. Even in the brightest most direct sunlight on it I could see the speedo but would have a harder time with some of the smaller numbers. This is in contrast to how it was previously, which is to say I could see absolutely zero in those same conditions. I am going to put it in night view during daylight today and see how that helps. I also had some micro scratching on the screen, and after applying the film the scratches are completely hidden and no light "dances" on the scratches any longer.

overall it is worth the $25 for sure, and if you buy ipad size it will give you enough to do it 3 times as long as your cut conservatively. My favorite part about this film vs other anitglare films is that it does not really dull out the sharpness like a basic matte film. it maintains almost all of the sharpness and brightness.

Thanks for the input. I also put on a matte anti-glare iPad protector as well as black vinyl on my dp windscreen. I always ride in night mode as it is easier to read the display in the day. Same like you I can read the speedo better in direct sunlight. Although my protector dulls the display colors a bit, do you have a link to yours?

I also had a problem getting rid of all the air bubbles I heard there are bubble free protectors from moshi, wonder how those would work.
post #65 of 65 (permalink) Old 08-03-2016, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radracer6 View Post
Thanks for the input. I also put on a matte anti-glare iPad protector as well as black vinyl on my dp windscreen. I always ride in night mode as it is easier to read the display in the day. Same like you I can read the speedo better in direct sunlight. Although my protector dulls the display colors a bit, do you have a link to yours?

I also had a problem getting rid of all the air bubbles I heard there are bubble free protectors from moshi, wonder how those would work.
Here is the link. make sure you chose the dayvue from the dropdown for this application.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2016-08-03 13.45.05.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	196002  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode