Any Issues with the 1200 - Page 3 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
 26Likes

post #21 of 65 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Duck View Post
Meh, it's a motorcycle, not a museum piece. I ride it, things break, I fix them. It's the circle of life and whatnot. If any aspect of the dash (glare, scratches easy, no gear indicator....effing a, does the dash do anything right?) really bothered me, I would've already sold the thing.
Well, I do tend to take care of my machines, but I understand exactly where you are coming from. They are meant to be ridden......ridden hard.

As I read some posts I have to wonder what pleasure some get from obsessing over perceived niggles? Maybe there is a merit badge or something for whining? Myself, if I find out after the fact, that a bike or car bothers me I get rid of it. Constant bitching about it would only make me feel foolish.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 65 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Purchased the bike on the weekend. Thanks for all the help. loving my new ride.

Thanks, Rod
post #23 of 65 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Duck View Post
Meh, it's a motorcycle, not a museum piece. I ride it, things break, I fix them. It's the circle of life and whatnot. If any aspect of the dash (glare, scratches easy, no gear indicator....effing a, does the dash do anything right?) really bothered me, I would've already sold the thing.
How about a compass? just plain NSEW?

post #24 of 65 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldndumb View Post
Well, I do tend to take care of my machines, but I understand exactly where you are coming from. They are meant to be ridden......ridden hard.

As I read some posts I have to wonder what pleasure some get from obsessing over perceived niggles? Maybe there is a merit badge or something for whining? Myself, if I find out after the fact, that a bike or car bothers me I get rid of it. Constant bitching about it would only make me feel foolish.
The Screen was a poor design. The screen sucks the bike is awesome. That's not obsession it's a statement about a design flaw of an otherwise awesome bike. People are not whining when they criticise a fault in a machine. if that were the case then all reviewers would be whiners. Lets move on to the compass..... gear indicator..... not a big deal but would be nice.
post #25 of 65 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 09:20 AM

You have already qualified for your whine merit badge. It should be in your mailbox in a few days. In the interim, no need to extend the whine.

Compasses are available from J. C. Whitney. Your whines qualify you for a discount.

Gear indicators are readily available from the interweb. Or, you could trade for an R. A gear indicator is included in the price of one.

BTW, look up the definition of obsessive and see if your constant preoccupation regarding the screen qualifies. We already know you do not like it. Do something about it, or let it go.

Last edited by oldndumb; 06-21-2016 at 09:33 AM.
post #26 of 65 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 11:13 AM

Quote:
You have already qualified for your whine merit badge. It should be in your mailbox in a few days. In the interim, no need to extend the whine.

Compasses are available from J. C. Whitney. Your whines qualify you for a discount.

Gear indicators are readily available from the interweb. Or, you could trade for an R. A gear indicator is included in the price of one.

BTW, look up the definition of obsessive and see if your constant preoccupation regarding the screen qualifies. We already know you do not like it. Do something about it, or let it go.
Stooooooop I am not whining or obsessive....No wait I am obsessive!

JC Whitney? Whats that..... Dude you are old
post #27 of 65 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 11:17 AM

[QUOTE=oldndumb;3039257]You have already qualified for your whine merit badge. It should be in your mailbox in a few days.

If you want to see me whine we can start on the SENA 20S that peice of shit will cause me to whine all damn day!!!
post #28 of 65 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 11:41 AM

[quote=Scubaman;3039297]
Quote:
You have already qualified for your whine merit badge. It should be in your mailbox in a few days.

If you want to see me whine we can start on the SENA 20S that peice of shit will cause me to whine all damn day!!!
If you love your whine, I guess it isn't whining.....to you, anyway.
post #29 of 65 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 06:16 PM

I'm thinking on solution for screen. I have the Ducati windscreen but it's not that dark so still let's sun hit the display. I'm thinking maybe wrap the windscreen in matte or gloss black vinyl. Think it would look good and help the display appear better in daylight
post #30 of 65 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 06:23 AM

Maybe the carbonvani one does the job ?

and

Quantum, Scubaman, swebers and 1 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode