Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

NuShield DayVue Anti-Reflective Film for TFT

5K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Mikefred 
#1 ·
Anyone tried this product?

NuShield DayView Anti-Reflective Film

I recently read a review of this product in the November edition of Motorcycle Consumer News. (A great magazine by the way, no advertising)
They tested it on a Garmin GPS unit and found that it works very well. Adds some scratch protection too.

"... we would recommend the NuShield DayView to any rider with a screen device which is subject to sun glare."

#3 ·
Search around and the results are fairly positive for the anti-glare/anti-reflective films. Helped with my dash but nothing is going to be a miracle worker. Keeping the dash in night mode and the film made it mostly acceptable but still unreadable in direct sunlight. I doubt anything can cure that, the display just lacks the nits.

#5 ·
Cars bury their gauges in instrument panel "tunnels" to improve readability, but motorcycles do not (in most cases), probably because of the lack of real estate or it might look too bulky with all the plastic in that area. Even cars have readability problems with direct sunlight (the sun low and behind you). I find it strange Ducati makes a nice, 4-color TFT gauge display and doesn't make any attempt at shrouding the unit for good visibility.

#7 ·
A small, well designed shroud that doesn't drastically change the nakedness of the Monster might be a really good product to develop?? I wonder if anyone would be willing to do that?

Alternatively I've thought about getting the Monster Stripe shield and blacking it out but I hesitate because I don't particularly like the look of it and because of it's overall shape I'm not convinced it would provide much shade.

As far as the OP's post. I've tried a few of the here to fore mentioned UV products (skins) that have been mentioned here on other threads and they did zilch. In fact one of them made it worse.

#13 ·
Thanks, JH. This business idea was (and is) a labor of love, not a get-rich scheme. I'd hoped to be "in the black" after a few years and I think the Monster fairing concept is the product that will make that happen, despite those who say naked bikes should never have any bodywork.
The Monster family sits between a dedicated touring bike (the Multi) and track bike (the Pani) and is more affordable than either of those choices. I still think, after owning my 1200, that the Monster could be that "Mama bear" model that is the best of both and that a properly designed 1/4 fairing would add function and style to expand its capabilities, enabling comfortable distance riding.

If I decide to go ahead with a fairing I will be showing the design sketches on this forum to get feedback before spending the big money on development and tooling. Stay tuned.

#14 ·
I really want to do the fairing, which would fit all 1200/821 models, but not until I have an expression of strong demand from the Monster community. I can tell you Ducati has no interest in doing anything in Monster bodywork beyond what you've seen so far on the Stripe and R models (we've talked), so it will be us Aftermarket guys who will deliver.
Christmas Wishes
Happy Valentine's Day 2016
Valentine Week 2016

Merry Christmas Wishes
merry christmas messages
merry christmas messages
merry christmas quotes

#15 ·
I have the Shift-Tech carbon fiber "fairing".
Havent had a chance to ride it with it on yet though, so I can't say how well (if any) it shades the display or redirects and wind.

The bike is at the dealer currently. When I get it back, I'll post up something on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.