Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Rizoma Eccentric Peg brackets and new pegs

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Radracer6 
#1 ·
I was feeling way too cramped so tried a few fixes.

End result was a set of Rox 2" Risers (see another post) and a set of these. The difference is remarkable. No problems now with my foot (right) slipping off the peg in the wet, and no problems with ground clearance.

I dropped the gear lever 1 turn, gotta do the same with the brake, but hardly use it anyway.

Before

After

And side shot. Now a little lower and a little further back so I don't feel as cramped.

Click on the images for a bigger picture

See less See more
#3 ·
Deano, it doesn't look like much of a change from the stock position. Did you also do this because of boot size? I'm a size 8 1/2 boot and I'm not sure I would want to bring the pegs any further back without the shifter following it.

#4 · (Edited)
Size 9 boot. Actually the shift felt much better, smoother, but that may have been the result of just having the 1st annual service done that morning before the postman brought me the packages. The shifter felt in a perfectly comfortable position after I had wound it down that 1 turn. It certainly doesn't look like much of a change, and I was initially hoping for more, but on my short 70 km test ride, the whole thing just felt like the ergonomics Ducati should have built the bike with. Even my right foot doesn't seem as cramped up against the exhaust shroud anymore. (I have the full Termi system fitted and that's a bit fatter than stock). I am going to wind the brake pedal down as well, just too lazy to do it yesterday, and I had to swivel my foot up to use it, but again, the stretch to it seemed fine.

Oh, and the eccentric brackets can be locked in 6 or 8 (can't remember exactly) positions, so you could have it just straight down if you wished. So that would give slightly more down, but exactly the same distance to the shifter. I did 1 position back from straight down.

#5 ·
Hey folks. sorry to revive an old thread. Was hoping the OP, or anyone else that's using them, could speak to how the pegs are working out and did they turn out to be as big a change in comfort in the long run. Thank you.

#6 ·
So long ago I really can't remember what the old set felt like. I do recall not being comfortable before and not really enjoying the riding.

Now, It just feels right.

Remember that I also fitted the Rox Risers and that went some way to fixing my cramped feeling for the upper body, the pegs fixed the legs. I am regular height at 6' and 32" inseam.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.