Corbin Gunslinger vs Stock Seat - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
 2Likes

post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

Corbin Gunslinger vs Stock Seat

Just got my new Corbin seat. My initial thoughts are gorgeous and incredible quality improvement over stock. However, I no longer feel like I am riding in the Monster. It feels like I am riding way up high. Honestly worried I made a mistake. It actually feels like I no longer can grip the tank and my weight is way on the bars. Anybody chime in! Am I going to get used to this or whAt?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Here are two pics. I love the look but really feel like I have no support now. The stock seat was annoying because it crushed your balls against the tank but I felt locked in and one with the bike. Now I feel all loose
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1438829089367.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	175729   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1438829114437.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	175737  
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015, 06:46 AM

Garage
I like mine, but realize it's more for touring IMHO. I just got back from the Dragon and may take my stock seat next year when I go back. BTW it looks great.

2014 Ducati Monster 1200

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015, 07:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by astevens54 View Post
I like mine, but realize it's more for touring IMHO. I just got back from the Dragon and may take my stock seat next year when I go back. BTW it looks great.
Thanks I rode in today about 60 miles and it really is comfortable. My package is not jammed into the tank but I really feel like I am riding on top instead of inside the bike like I did with the stock seat.

Thanks I love the way it looks plus it's real quality.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015, 07:38 AM

+1

I've owned several Corbin seats and a Sargent seat. They are made more for touring than anything else. They are made so that you have a wider platform to sit on to spread the weight. They are made flatter so you can move around on them and spend hours on them without having to stop to "stretch"….

I had Corbins on my Diavel which it made it all day rideable. And on an ADV bike, Super Tenere which made it an all day rider.

But moving around on the bike in the twisties or hanging off… not so much. they aren't made for that. Not that you can't do that, its just not so good.

My Monster 1200s seat while it does get a bit uncomfortable after a long stretch, is far better than any other stock seat I've had in ages. Before I bought my 1200s it was already in my mind that I was going to buy a Corbin again, but for me it does' t need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astevens54 View Post

2015 Monster 1200s Stripe
2015 Triumph Tiger 800 XCX
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015, 08:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BushyAR15 View Post
+1

I've owned several Corbin seats and a Sargent seat. They are made more for touring than anything else. They are made so that you have a wider platform to sit on to spread the weight. They are made flatter so you can move around on them and spend hours on them without having to stop to "stretch"….

I had Corbins on my Diavel which it made it all day rideable. And on an ADV bike, Super Tenere which made it an all day rider.

But moving around on the bike in the twisties or hanging off… not so much. they aren't made for that. Not that you can't do that, its just not so good.

My Monster 1200s seat while it does get a bit uncomfortable after a long stretch, is far better than any other stock seat I've had in ages. Before I bought my 1200s it was already in my mind that I was going to buy a Corbin again, but for me it does' t need it.
I spent 6 hours at Bear mountain and I can tell you my butt hurt. But man I felt locked into the bike. Time will tell I will give the seat a few weeks.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015, 05:36 PM

Oh, they do have to break-in. Definitely give it some time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubaman View Post
I spent 6 hours at Bear mountain and I can tell you my butt hurt. But man I felt locked into the bike. Time will tell I will give the seat a few weeks.

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-07-2015, 05:16 AM Thread Starter

[QUOTE=BushyAR15;2919273]Oh, they do have to break-in. Definitely give it some time...[/QUOT

Ride home was still a bit uncomfortable.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-07-2015, 10:13 PM

Scubaman.....I just got my seat but havent mounted it yet. Have to cut out space for my rapid bike module. That being said, take the rear block out of your seat. The height will be the same for the driver however you wont slide balls first anymore. best mod I ever did without it costing a dime. Now dealers are telling their customers to do the same

2015 BMW S1000R
2014 White Ducati Monster 1200s
2011 Black Harley Super Glide Custom
2010 Black Harley Street Glide
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-08-2015, 06:25 AM

If I follow what you are saying; Leave or install the "Tall" blocks on the front of the seat and either remove or leave off the rear ones?

I can see how that would work, but I don't see how it won't raise the height of the seat… I'm going to have to try it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycler View Post
Scubaman.....I just got my seat but havent mounted it yet. Have to cut out space for my rapid bike module. That being said, take the rear block out of your seat. The height will be the same for the driver however you wont slide balls first anymore. best mod I ever did without it costing a dime. Now dealers are telling their customers to do the same

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode