Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Found1200S Screen Protector/Glare eliminator 75%

10K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  steeve 
#1 ·
Found a 3M perfectly cut for the 1200/1200S screen Protector/ Glare improvement 3M product out of Germany on AMAZON!!! I love it pricy for $16.95 but fits like a glove See Pictures

Attachments

See less See more
#15 · (Edited)
Gents, i'm ready to pull the trigger on one but i know f@ck all which one to get - and it's not about the friggin' 10€ either, it's just that i'd hate to buy and install something which it might prove worthless at the end of the day especially after waiting 10 days for it to arrive from the intrawebs...

There's one from Speedo Angels and another one from Brotect amongst other ones, most are offered in clear and matte finishes, what say you ? I mean, Lee says it works and JosephHanna says it does jack and sh@t...

#16 ·
If the sun is high and shines directly into the screen then yep, you still cant see ****. evrn with the matte finish. but in saying that, it reduces glare in every other situation. Def dont go gloss or it will be just as bad as stock!
It never bothered me that bad anyway, i put it on more to stop scratching the screen just like my mobile phone screen?

I will be installing a carbon 1/4 fairing soon anyway, so that should eliminate glare?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

#17 · (Edited)
So, i installed the matte one from Speedo angels (good, straight-up/no bullshit packaging and fast delivery btw) and...It does improve readability - you still have to put the display into night-mode though for better results.

What i don't like - and this is just a pet peeve of mine - is that the screen is more blurry now - typical of matte protectors really (same thing on smartphone screens) and that - for the life of me - was never able to install these friggin' things without A) leaving air bubbles underneath them and B) aligning them properly :grin

Anyway, for 10€, and just for the fact that it protects the easily scratch-able display made from haribo jelly AND also helping with the readability (somewhat) i'm happy ;)

In the future i'll be also trying the ultra-clear non-matte one as to see if there's any noticeable difference between them.

Cheers

#18 ·
Maybe we have had different experience, I also had the Speedo Angels in matte finish installed on my last ride, in some situations I actually found it worse than without the screen protector. Maybe it's the blurry effect that Rosso mentioned. So now I'm considering removing it, I don't know, I might keep it for scratch protection though.

:nerd

#19 ·
Maybe we have had different experience, I also had the Speedo Angels in matte finish installed on my last ride, in some situations I actually found it worse than without the screen protector. Maybe it's the blurry effect that Rosso mentioned. So now I'm considering removing it, I don't know, I might keep it for scratch protection though.

:nerd
I think it's because it's indeed blurrier compared to stock, still, it's definitely better (not by much though) compared to not having it installed.

Give the ultra-clear a try if the matte one isn't to your liking - just have something put on it to avoid the damned scratches ;)

#25 ·
I can believe that Duc :wink

i mean, even on my previous 796 which didn't have a Full-TFT screen, under certain angles you weren't able to clearly read the dash - especially with the bikini fairing off, i can imagine that the darker one works better...

The real question is : would the OEM bikini fairing which is sold separately (the one that came with the Stripe model) help in this situation seeing as the plexiglass is clear ?

Any stripe owners care to chime in ?

#26 · (Edited)
I dont own a stripe, but i do have the ducati original sport bikini fairing you can get now for the 1200s. It is see through at the top but grades to black down the bottom, it definitely helps if the the sun is in front of you, but not when it is behind. Its also a bit of rip off unfortunately, I got ot at cost as part of the bike purchase, but at full price its over $400 AU for a bit of plastic essentially... It does look bloody good though..... ;-)

#28 ·
Hey gents

Any idea on how to properly remove these things ? 1st one served me well but i need to replace it with the spare one since after 3 years of riding in all weather conditions it's scratched (plus, i have a water drop trapped in there after a torrential rain).

I'm afraid i'll scratch the screen since it's made out of Haribo jelly* ;)

* I don't even want to imagine how the dash would have looked after (barely) 3 years of use without installing one, in my opinion, they're mandatory if you got a bike with a TFT screen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.