Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

M1200 picture thread

197K views 514 replies 131 participants last post by  bopperoo 
#1 ·
Let's see 'em!

See less See more
#18 · (Edited)
Every time is see a humongous wind-screen on a 140bhp naked funbike something dies inside of me...

There's always Goldwings/Electra glides boys if you don't want to get blasted by the wind :D

Why ?

In other news :
Ducati sure has spoiled when it comes to liveries...a red bike, a white bike, a red bike, a white bike, a red b... :D

PS : Dlewis, really tasteful mods man, nice ;)

#19 ·
Every time is see a humongous wind-screen on a 140bhp naked funbike something dies inside of me...

There's always Goldwings/Electra glides boys if you don't want to get blasted by the wind :D

Why ?

In other news :
Ducati sure has spoiled when it comes to liveries...a red bike, a white bike, a red bike, a white bike, a red b... :D

PS : Dlewis, really tasteful mods man, nice ;)
Thats wrussi bike not mine. I quoted and his pictures came along. Mine gets posted after my exhaust gets delivered.

As for the windscreen screen thing. The wind is a bitch on a long ride. I personally don't like the look of the large windscreens but I understand why people use them.

#45 ·
+1 Rosso. Every time I think "wish this bloody thing would start first hit" or "damn the next service is going to eat in to my drinking money" I know I picked my red bitch over the better performing, better priced and generally all-around better speed/street triple or other bikes. Funny how most "head-to-head" articles on the Monsters finish with the author saying how the other bike wins the tech spec, better bang-for-buck, etc but it was the monster that gave the biggest grin ;-)

I say have it anyway you like and your Monster is a Monster is a Monster...and comes with relevant Monster-tude (windscreen optional)!

#47 ·
allright guys!! lets stop arguing. i think we can all agree that aesthetically windscreens on most bikes are not the most pleasing accessory that you can get. but they sure are convenient and they do serve a purpose. i personally dont like them and not in a million years i'll get one. if i don't want the wind hitting me i'd get in my car but thats just me. even when i had my harley i didnt had one. i always make fun of my coworker for putting a windshield on his diavel but hey at the end of the day its all in light fun. he loves it! we go on rides and we both enjoy our bikes just the way we have them set up. after all motorcycles are to be customized to your liking and your comfort right? i know a guy that has ape bars on a sports bike. does it looks ugly? you bet! but he rides everywhere and loves his bike and i respect him for having configured his bike to his liking regardless of what other people think.

now lets see more pics of 1200 's!