Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Monster 1200 Ducati Performence Led Idicator?!

20K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  Ducaholic81 
#1 ·
Hello!
I bought for my Monster 1200 2 pairs (front and rear) of ducati performance led indicators 96680201A and 96680231A. Surprisingly there aren't any resistors or realise included. The DP indicators are so tiny, that I can't hardly imagine, that they do have resistors inside.
Do I have to buy extra resistors (what type? maybe any example) or do Monster 1200 (normal version) have built-in function to manage led Ducati Performance indicators.
best regards

#6 ·
I just installed the DP LED turn signals on my 1200 this weekend. Here are some pictures showing the difference in light sizes and what they look like on the bike.

Very easy install and a 100% plug-and-play!

Attachments

#7 ·
I'm failing to see how these are a straight plug n' play. I disconnected the leads from the stock blinkers and plugged the connector wire given by ducati into the new indicator, but now I don't know how to plug the stock wire into the ducati one. Here's what I'm talking about:

#12 ·
tofur, as stated by mtb, you plug that connector in your hand into the male end that is tucked into the rubber block where the turn signal leads are held, right in front of instrument panel. I found it much easier to push connected cables out of the block, disconnect OEM and plug in new LED then push connector back into the rubber block.

Here are 2 pictures that might help.

Attachments

#23 ·
Interesting...

I put 96680201A on the rear of my 1200R, but the instructions (and fit) said to keep the base extensions for the OEM signals, so mine still stick out a bit farther than the ones I see in the pics. Did I miss something as far as installing them w/o the bases??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.