Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Scrambler Exhaust on an 1100EVO????

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  mmmatches 
#1 ·
I've noticed that some of the exhausts for the Scrambler look quite tasty and being that I think most of the exhaust for the 1100EVO look like crap or plain boring I am wondering if something could be easily made to work without having to pay a welder.

Any ideas guys? If anyone has access to a scrambler would they mind measuring the diameter of the exhaust pipe where it goes into the can? My thought is, to keep production costs down, hopefully Ducati likes to use standardized exhaust sizes?

#2 ·
I see where you're going with this, but after looking at the Scramblers I don't think it would work. Theoretically you could make any compact exhaust fit the Monster by having a shop fab up a custom adaptor to reposition/resize it. What you can't see on the scrambler exhaust is there's a huge resonator that sits behind the visible portion of the muffler, between the rear wheel and the motor. I don't know that the Monster would accommodate this, nor would I really want to deal with it.

#3 ·
.... What you can't see on the scrambler exhaust is there's a huge resonator that sits behind the visible portion of the muffler, between the rear wheel and the motor...
You're assuming they want to use the standard muffler? I've been perusing the interwebs looking to pick up a muffler for my recently purchased Scrambler, very few aftermarket versions include the pre-muffler box of the standard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.