New here? Introduce yourself! - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

New here? Introduce yourself!

If you're new to this board/group, take a moment and tell us a bit about yourself. If you just got a monster, have had one for years, or are just thinking about getting one someday, it's all good.

Welcome to the SF MOB!

No longer hanging out here, sorry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 03:21 PM

Re: New here? Introduce yourself!

HEY! I should've been paying better attention! I just posted to the "NEW TO THIS LIST" thread a little further down...oh well! I'm Ollie from San Jose, been riding a while and now the proud owner of a 2003 M620 dark ie.

See you all on the road!
post #3 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 06:02 PM

I've been lurking around for a few weeks and made a few comments. I'm Heather from San Jose and have been riding since August. I now have a 2000m 750. I teach school (that's MIDDLE SCHOOL) So I'm a bit nuts . Can't wait for winter break. Next week I may have to feel sick one day so I can go snowboarding .

post #4 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 12:26 AM

Welcome good to have more members in the south bay.
post #5 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 11:58 PM

Like most, I too have been a lurker for a while now. I am a long time biker (OK, an old fart) and at one time or another have ridden or owned just about every brand of motorcycle. But never a Ducati.

I always considered myself a sport bike rider but after getting hitched a few years back the BMW K100 got traded for a Goldwing. The wing is great for touring vacations with my wife but its thrill quotient leaves a lot to be desired on a twisty road. Years ago, I took a turn on a friends Ducati and flat fell in love with it. Have wanted one bad ever since. I've been bugging the wife for years now about "someday I am going to get a Ducati" and well, the day is finally here. I am going down to the dealer tommorow morning to talk price.

I have my eye on a nice red '07 S4rs. It makes me want to drool just thinking about it. The dealer is sure to notice the glazed look in my eyes when I stare at that bike which will shoot my bargaining position all to hell. Oh, well, boys and their toys ya know. I just HAVE to have it!

I am a South Bay guy. I live up in the Santa Cruz mountains 'bout half way between Santa Cruz and Los Gatos. Home is just off of Summit Road. I hope to meet some of the folks on this board soon (weather and temperature permitting) and hook up for rides. I am no hot shoe but "novice" would not describe me either. I won't be competition for anyone but have never been the slowest one in a large group. Anyway, just want to have some fun and good times.

Wish me luck on that bike purchase. I'll need it.

John

http://flickr.com/photos/8752153@N05/<br /><br /><br /><br />I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.
post #6 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-12-2007, 01:54 AM Thread Starter

Hey John, welcome to the board - I know what you mean about the "drool factor" and the S4Rs. That is one helluva bike. And what a great place to own one, in the Santa Cruz mountains. Sounds like a little slice 'o heaven to me. I hope to see you at Zeitgeist sometime, or one of the Ducati bike nights that pop up like mushrooms around the bay.

No longer hanging out here, sorry.
post #7 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-12-2007, 10:49 AM

Send a message via AIM to joemorse Send a message via MSN to joemorse Send a message via Yahoo to joemorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddymon
Like most, I too have been a lurker for a while now. I am a long time biker (OK, an old fart) and at one time or another have ridden or owned just about every brand of motorcycle. But never a Ducati.

I always considered myself a sport bike rider but after getting hitched a few years back the BMW K100 got traded for a Goldwing. The wing is great for touring vacations with my wife but its thrill quotient leaves a lot to be desired on a twisty road. Years ago, I took a turn on a friends Ducati and flat fell in love with it. Have wanted one bad ever since. I've been bugging the wife for years now about "someday I am going to get a Ducati" and well, the day is finally here. I am going down to the dealer tommorow morning to talk price.

I have my eye on a nice red '07 S4rs. It makes me want to drool just thinking about it. The dealer is sure to notice the glazed look in my eyes when I stare at that bike which will shoot my bargaining position all to hell. Oh, well, boys and their toys ya know. I just HAVE to have it!

I am a South Bay guy. I live up in the Santa Cruz mountains 'bout half way between Santa Cruz and Los Gatos. Home is just off of Summit Road. I hope to meet some of the folks on this board soon (weather and temperature permitting) and hook up for rides. I am no hot shoe but "novice" would not describe me either. I won't be competition for anyone but have never been the slowest one in a large group. Anyway, just want to have some fun and good times.

Wish me luck on that bike purchase. I'll need it.

John
Good luck!

Oh, and I think most people will second a recommendation of Hattar Moto in San Rafael. Most of us avoid that other shop in San Francisco for a variety of reasons

My Vices<br />'05 MS4R, blue, (DESMOQ)<br />'01 900SS, custom yellow, (The Bumblebee)
post #8 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-12-2007, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Moore
Hey John, welcome to the board - I know what you mean about the "drool factor" and the S4Rs. That is one helluva bike. And what a great place to own one, in the Santa Cruz mountains. Sounds like a little slice 'o heaven to me. I hope to see you at Zeitgeist sometime, or one of the Ducati bike nights that pop up like mushrooms around the bay.
Thank you for the welcome Michael. I did write the check for the bike today but delivery will occur in abought ten days after some dealer mods. I will make a point of going to Zeitgeist some time. I have heard alot about it but have never actually been there.

John

http://flickr.com/photos/8752153@N05/<br /><br /><br /><br />I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.
post #9 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-12-2007, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desmoquattro
Good luck!

Oh, and I think most people will second a recommendation of Hattar Moto in San Rafael. Most of us avoid that other shop in San Francisco for a variety of reasons
I have bought from Moto Italiano in Santa Cruz. I did not see feedback either pro or con in the forums so I started with the dealer closest to me. We shall see how that works out but so far I have enjoyed working with Scott and the whole shop seems to be friendly and enthusiast oriented.

John

post #10 of 109 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 12:18 AM

Lets see some pics of the new monsters incase we see ya'll around
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode