»
» Other Ducati Motorcycle sites
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum (http://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/)
-   DML News (http://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/dml-news/)
-   -   Audi Officially Announces Ducati Purchase (http://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/dml-news/207100-audi-officially-announces-ducati-purchase.html)

admin 04-18-2012 11:39 AM

Audi Officially Announces Ducati Purchase

Audi has officially announced it has acquired Ducati Motor Holding from Investindustrial. Terms of the deal were not announced, though they should be made available April 19 at the annual stockholders meeting for Audi’s parent company, the Volkswagen Group. Previous reports have the price pegged at 860 million euros (US$1.1 billion).

“Ducati is known worldwide as a premium brand among motorcycle manufacturers and has a long tradition of building sporty motorcycles,” says Rupert Stadler, chairman of the board of management of Audi. “It has great expertise in high-performance engines and lightweight construction, and is one of the world’s most profitable motorcycle manufacturers. That makes Ducati an excellent fit for Audi.”

Audi says it will benefit from Ducati’s knowledge of lightweight construction and “the progressive control systems and special combustion chamber process of Ducati engines”.

The transaction still has to get authorization from government authorities.

More: Audi Officially Announces Ducati Purchase on Motorcycle.com

Coolieman1220 05-12-2012 09:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally got around to take the pic of my Ducaudi

rmerchant3 05-13-2012 12:28 AM

Lets hope they keep that "German engineering" :rolleyes: to themselves and continue to let Ducati do their own thing.

GrauWulf 05-14-2012 04:49 PM

Looks like BMW is doing ok in the superbike racing so . . .

d05wtt 08-20-2012 09:40 AM

NO!!! Damn! I hope they don't ruin the brand.

DM7 08-20-2012 10:50 AM

Not sure I'm happy about this. Audi makes great stuff, but I don't want them screwing up Ducati.

Dear Audi,

Please let Ducati continue on doing what they do best.

Your Pal,
DM7

Edit: I just read the article. The owner of Audi says at the end of his speech "Ducati remains Ducati". So I think we're good.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

scottydoesnt 08-20-2012 07:55 PM

As long as they don't start making bikes with 2 different sized headlights . . . [laugh]

DM7 08-21-2012 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottydoesnt (Post 2380361)
As long as they don't start making bikes with 2 different sized headlights . . . [laugh]

Lol!

+1

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

DavieDarkoR1 01-27-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottydoesnt (Post 2380361)

Haha no they'll just put a led strips in all headlights.

Speedo007 10-30-2013 10:00 AM

I doubt Audi could do much damage to the brand, unless they start supplying them with their electrical components :P