Oahu Ducati Riders - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 1024 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 04:33 AM Thread Starter

Oahu Ducati Riders

This is very rough guys. I haven't figured out how to get a club listing heading yet and as this is the first post here it'll have to do. I know we haven't got an official local club name yet so we might have to deal with a temporary name until we get one that everyone agrees on.

I just think we should be able to have our own spot without having to leech off of the "General Monster Forum" threads. Not everyone wants to read out stuff. Of course they don't have to click on it if they don't want to but still......... let's see how this goes, if it goes at all.

A skittish motor-bike with a touch of blood in it is better than all the riding animals on earth, because of its logical extension of our faculties, and the hint, the provocation, to excess conferred by its honeyed, untired smoothness.<br /><br />T.E. Lawrence, a.k.a. &quot;Lawrence of Arabia&quot;<br /><br />We're the last wolves in a land of sheep.<br /><br />No modification goes unpunished.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 1024 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 05:09 AM

Send a message via AIM to urban Send a message via Yahoo to urban
Re: Oahu Ducati Riders

+ idea Mac.
On that note, I'm starting to see that materializing a local club isn't necessarily hard work, but it does require a great deal of coordination and patience.
Most of you have been around a lot longer than I, and I'm sure that you've all seen your share of wide-eyed dreamers who have
tried to set something up in the past and failed. That being said, it's not something that I can do entirely on my own. I could certainly try, but I don't want
this to be a labor of love that rests solely upon my shoulders. The Monster Mash was a preliminary test of sorts, meant to gauge interest in the community, and I think
we would all agree that there is a great local base out there to build upon. Ive been able to forge some ties, secure financing through the dealership
for necessary expenses, get the green light from the Ducati rep. etc etc....so essentially the groundwork is laid.
As far as a name and all of that is concerned, Ranilo and I were discussing, the next "Big Ride" -we will have some sort of ballots set up, and have the masses
vote on the name/logo combination they like best. That seems to be the biggest obstacle in the way right now, after that, the rest is somewhat procedural in nature.
Some of you have offered your web services prior, and when the time comes, I hope the offer still stands.
I know Mac has addressed the complexities of orchestrating a simple weekend ride, and I guess that is the nature of the beast. Hopefully a website with a
database and mailing list will simplify the process.
Some of you have offered your web services prior, and when the time comes, I hope the offer still stands.

So are you guys on board? The floor is open....

post #3 of 1024 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 02:49 PM

for this sunday, Mac, why don't you select the route. I'm up for anything having been in bed all of last weekend. I'd love to see the 999.

Chad, I'm down with the club. I'll stop by or call for next steps. I'm meeting with the graphic artist I told you about tomorrow. I gave him a brief overview of Ducati design cues. I'm eager to see what he comes up with. I asked him to go with an "island monster" theme, although I'm sure the club will cover desmos of all types.

<br /><br />Look to the North.

post #4 of 1024 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 01:14 AM

yo!

ok, so sunday? I hopehopehope to run away from work... it's been a nightmare this week

10am at the park soundds good, and yeah, as much as the lap is a bit of alright, I would rather be scootin'

of course, w/an early enough start on a sunday, you can scoot 'round the north/east shores. lordy, is it fun seeing kahuku/laie/etc. in a really blurry fashion

and I'm sure a club would work itself out. I think the trick is to be organized enough for it to be kinda, y'know, loosey-goosey. too much structure and it can be a handful (been there w/the car thing... not fun...)

Ash=burro envy!<br /><br />mods-no reflectors, &quot;distressed&quot; frame slider, and bubbly paint.&nbsp; HAWT!!!
post #5 of 1024 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 03:04 AM Thread Starter

10 am at the park is good --- we can run some nice laps from there and I guess we'll kind of play it by ear ...... I owe Teddy lunch anyway

Yep, going 'round the north side isn't all that bad but we'd have to be hittin' it early (like 6 or 7 am) 'cause it doesn't take much traffic to shut it down. You know that once there are a few slow cars out there that can kill it for miles unless we take some extra chances.

As far as the club goes I think we ought to work on a large group ride every 3 or 4 months to start with just to see how things go. Outside of the 4 of us that hang out here from time to time I didn't get the sense that most of the other riders even knew about the DML. When I handed out a couple of cards the other guys thought they were my personal business cards and I was networking. When I tried to explain about how it was a Monster oriented forum, chat group, blog, whatever, they all got a weird "huh?" look on their faces. Somehow I think that if we could wake them up to this place we might start to generate more group interest. Of course if the dealer would kick in and offer test drives on a S4Rs, a 1098 and a Hypermotard there'd be a whole boatload of more interest. Hint -- Hint --- Hint

Anyway, start slow and steady and they will come. In the meantime the regular bros are just fine to ride with.

A skittish motor-bike with a touch of blood in it is better than all the riding animals on earth, because of its logical extension of our faculties, and the hint, the provocation, to excess conferred by its honeyed, untired smoothness.<br /><br />T.E. Lawrence, a.k.a. &quot;Lawrence of Arabia&quot;<br /><br />We're the last wolves in a land of sheep.<br /><br />No modification goes unpunished.
post #6 of 1024 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 09:51 PM

so who's off got nothing better to do on wednesday?

Ash=burro envy!<br /><br />mods-no reflectors, &quot;distressed&quot; frame slider, and bubbly paint.&nbsp; HAWT!!!
post #7 of 1024 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 12:44 AM

I could do an early morning ride if that's what you're thinking.

<br /><br />Look to the North.
post #8 of 1024 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 02:22 AM Thread Starter

I'll be on a different type of an Italian 2 wheel machine that day.

We weren't the only group to have a ride interruption last Sunday. Apparently someone in one of the larger sportbike groups went down on the Pali hairpin. All kinds of bikes and ambulances were jamming the lookout at the turn. Not good. I'll take a mechanical any time.

post #9 of 1024 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 03:26 AM

well, I know mac is anti-lap but I was thinking an early run... I really want enough seat time to see if this sargent is worth the extra height...

post #10 of 1024 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 11:01 PM

I could see an early morning ride tomorrow. Yes, I could.

&quotuane, ya gotta learn to kick ass if yer gonna be a peacemaker.&quot;<br />
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode