Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

FS: TechSpec Tank Grips - Monster 696/796/1100

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Ned673 
#1 ·
Hi all
I am offering a set of TechSpec C3 tank grips for Ducati Monster that are brand new, still in the unopened package, and I don't need them. They fit the 696, 796 and 1100 (2009-2013).

Here is the description:

"TechSpec’s C3 Motorcycle Tank Grip Accessories are a comfortable gummy rubber measuring @ .100" thin. You will feel the difference the minute you throw your leg over and take a seat. The C3 Grip Material acts more like a "Pad" offering the Ultimate in Comfort and Grip. The durameter of the Rubber has a soft gummy feel allowing your knees to sink into the material, almost like memory foam. Squeeze your tank and feel what solid seat position is and does for you. Will assist in reduction of vibration, increase in control, and increase in comfort.
(Precut Kit includes Right & Left Tank Grips and Center Tank Protector)"

$40, shipped anywhere in the CONUS or in person pickup (Los Angeles).
Paypal, Dwolla, Cash accepted.

Please PM with your queries.

Thanks!

See less See more
#3 ·
These grips are great. They have made a significant impact to my riding on the track and general riding, helping to have better posture and greater control. If you don't have them you should look to pick these up!

#4 ·
I have these on my bike and they definitely make a positive difference. Totally helps with braking and bumps and staying planted. However, the way these are cut, there's not material where my knee meets the tank, which is right at the edge of the cutout. If I had to do it again, I would have got uncut sheets and made my own pattern. You can see in pictures that it leaves a pretty big gap at the edge which is right where you need it if you have long legs. I'm 5'10 150.

#5 ·
This is true and maybe a custom job would be good... But I spent some time sizing up beforehand and I applied them as far in as I could. I'm 6'1 and get a good bit of grip from them and they help me hold my position back in the seat when I want to.

Sorry to hijack the thread and we could prob discuss this in a separate thread ?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.