Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

de-cat midpipe/header + no cans = DIY BoomTubes/Shotgun?

3K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  S4Rt 
#1 ·
ive finally decided im done looking at the stupid "udder" on my S4RS and am looking into exhaust alternatives. i have the Termignoni "Shorty" GP style slip-on and it sounds ok, but looks horrible with that cat/silencer thing under there. while i like the full termi system, im not spending $1,800 on it just to cut it up and shorten the cans, especially since i already have a flashed ECU and CF open-top airbox. Boom Tubes are dope, but i don't like the way they exit, then there's the $1,200 price tag. im certainly not cheap by any means, but that price just seems awful steep for what it is. i don't really like how the rest of the full system options look. it seems like a lot of them don't have the cans running parallel to one another or something. definitely not interested in any that involve mounting one can to either side of the bike.

i stumbled upon this S2R on google and REALLY like the way the exhaust fits and exits. i started thinking maybe i could just buy a header or mid-pipe without the udder and trim the carbon fiber on my shorty, or slap on a couple of resonated tips and have under $500 in the whole shebang?

thoughts/opinions/suggestions?

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Soooooooo watching this thread!!!! I love when folk get the creative bug and do their own thing!

#8 ·
thanks for the boost of confidence, or at least interest in seeing the failure lol. i dont want to bash Motocreations, as im sure they make a fine product, but i honestly can't see where the money goes. its like $20 in tubing and an hour and a half to bend/weld?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.