Strait Pipes w/ Baffle and tip - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

» Site Navigation
»
»
»
» Other Ducati Motorcycle sites
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

Old 01-05-2013, 06:45 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Strait Pipes w/ Baffle and tip

[IMG] IMG_0417 by blaze713, on Flickr[/IMG]
Just want to strike up a convo and see what u guys think. I wrapped a baffle in deadening fabric and slid it in the strait pipe. Then put a tip on. It iddles at around 88-90 DB but it rumbles/screams while riding. It has been raining lately but once i get my gopro mounts i will take a video so you guys can hear it. But for now how do you think it looks. Ill also upload some pics of it taken apart once i break it back down to coat the pipes. Ugly or sexy lets hear what u guys think!!!!!
Blaze713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2013, 09:28 AM   #2 (permalink)

I'm diggin it...tell us more; is the baffle/wrap all contained within the tip, where did you buy them?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
1969 Honda CB500 SS
2005 Yamaha Virago (wife's bike)
1967 Gilera 106 SS (sold)
1966 Honda 305 Dream (sold)
1947 Whizzer
4denfam4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:38 AM   #3 (permalink)

The Baffle/wrap is going inside the exhaust pipe with just the lip sticking out so it can be removed, then i have the tip slipped over the whole thing. I pieced it all together myself. Got the baffles and wrap from a local shop and the tips from a car parts store. But I'm also in japan so the car/motorcycle stores here have a lot of stuff you wont find in a normal store.lol. Its too loud for my inspection coming up so i will have to remove them, as soon as i do that i will take some good pictures.
Blaze713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #4 (permalink)

save a few lbs for sure, prolly hurt low and mid performance and be aware if you run too lean you can have issues $$$$$$. i sure do not agree on the outrageous price for ducati parts but there has to be something out there for you that won,t hurt your bike!!!
rodhotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

like where this is going

sub'd
fletchn8n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

Japanese might be too polite to say so, but you WILL piss people off with how loud that will be. Mine's not exactly subtle with full Termis, but that thing must be straight pipe Harley loud.
Maple Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:35 AM   #7 (permalink)

subscribe.

now get that vid posted already lol
JoeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:03 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Looks nice and cleans up the rear. Also might provide options for modding the rear sets w/o pipes in the way. Like Maple, I would also be concerned about being (too) loud. And, hopefully it won't need remapping. Yes, if possible, post a vid. Cool idea, and simple. I looked into a Quat D a while back, but couldn't find one readily available. This actually is cleaner (I assume the other side is the same).

Good job!
Old 01-16-2013, 04:41 PM   #9 (permalink)

I just chopped down my stock exhaust (figured it wasn't worth much and I was curious) and achieved a similar affect as OP. Have a look!

I was delighted to see that the tips have a cool concentric look to them. There is also a bit of a honeycomb baffle left in them... I'm not sure that they do much to deaden the sound. It is LOUD.

Last edited by ediblejustice; 01-16-2013 at 09:10 PM.
ediblejustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #10 (permalink)

They are still loud although the tips bring out the elegance of the bike. But after chopping the exhaust, is it still working efficiently as before? just curious?
Advertisement