Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Help with Ducabike rear sets

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  AndyB 
#1 ·
I just fitted Ducabike rear sets to my S2R and they look pretty good and everything works. There were no instructions with them, but I've been building road and XC race bikes for about 20 years (push bikes), so not phased by that. I torqued up the main anchor bolts (swing arm and engine block) to the original torque, and the 5 and 4 mm Allen bolts to 10 mm, using medium thread lock (loctite 243). Couple of areas of concern where I would appreciate advice. First the new rear sets are metal on metal - there is no rubber at all, which worries me. Should I try to salvage some rubber from the old rearsets? Secondly the gearside set didn't fit as well. It was loose and rattled when bolted up to torque. I salvaged one if the big washers that goes against the engine block and that sorted it, but I am concerned the set may not be hanging absolutely true now, putting strain on the swingarm mount. Anyone set these up before that could comment/ check my work?

Cheer
Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.