Front/Rear Stand - 2009 Monster 696 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

» Site Navigation
»
»
»
» Other Ducati Motorcycle sites
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

Old 12-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Front/Rear Stand - 2009 Monster 696

I need to purchase a front and rear stand for my 2009 Monster 696. The front stand needs a pin in order to lift the bike, does anyone know the exact pin size needed?

What stands do you recommend to purchase. I called the dealership and they wouldn't even tell me. They just told me they had some available for $500!! Any help would be greatly appreciated so I can get going with storing it for the winter, thanks.
Lilsleep35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

$500 bucks? jesus.

I realize you get what you pay for, but i mean...it's just a little device that lifts the bike. Harbourfreight sells one for 25 bucks that I've been using for two years and it's justttttt fine.

http://www.harborfreight.com/automot...and-65620.html
malamikigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

Excellent, that looks perfect.

Do you know if they have a front stand? The front stand is the one that requires a Pin. If not, do you recommend a company that won't break the bank? Thanks again!
Old 12-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

They don't have a front wheel stand that lifts the tire off the ground as far as I know, but they do have this which assists in cleaning the front wheel:

http://www.harborfreight.com/automot...and-98800.html
Old 12-12-2012, 03:03 PM   #5 (permalink)

I see. Yeah I am looking for a lift to keep the tire completely off the ground to avoid getting a flat spot in it. I know many of the front lifts actually lift the forks of the bike to take the weight off the shocks too. These are the lifts that require some pin. Thanks again for the help.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

They do have a tubular steel one that has an accessory that allows you to lift the front.
It has a pins that slide in from each side.

The 'low profile' aluminum stand is just a bit too low for the 696. If you flip the paddles over you can get the rear tire about 3/4" off the ground.

I have both of these stands (total investment of about $70) and they are both pretty damn sturdy. (especially the tubular steel one)

The wheel rollers are also really handy (and cheap) for cleaning.
2010 696 ProTune Powermap programmer, EvoTech tail, Quat D Alum slip ons, Artrax wavy rotors, K&N, 14T, bar risers, G2 Throttle Tamer. Still working on swapping all of the black plastic over to carbon fiber. Oh, and no more ugly charcoal canister!
TonyDiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

Which is tubular steel one that you are referring to with the pins? Can you provide a link to it...thanks TonyDiv
Old 12-12-2012, 11:57 PM   #8 (permalink)

Pitbull makes a front stand for sport bikes. It comes with multiple pin sizes I believe. It fits under the triple tree and lifts the front end up allowing you to work on the forks and front wheel. Worth the cash I think.
daddyducati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:27 AM   #9 (permalink)

I use a Venom rear stand. It's only a few bucks more, and a bit higher quality, than the Harbor Freight rear stand, which I had previously. They don't make a front tree lift stand, but they have a combo set with the rear swing arm lift and the front fork lift. Quite reasonably priced (about $70 for both). available from Amazon or directly from Kapsco:

Last edited by 3th3r; 12-13-2012 at 02:31 AM.
3th3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:32 AM   #10 (permalink)

That's actually a pretty killer deal, depending how much shipping is. I think I may pick up a pair of those to see how they are. You've got the set? You're happy with how both function with a monster?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement