Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

why is it so hard?!

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Johnny5 
#1 ·
all I want is a different exhaust..I want boom tubes or the h competition ones but they are virtually impossible to talk to about buying them..i see pics and videos online and occasionally they update their websites..if there is such a demand why can't someone tool up and start making them..it's not that fancy!..I can't believe how hard it is to do this..I haven't ever received one return phone call or email from anyone about me giving them money for their product..I am thinking about going with termis, for all the obvious reasons..who's throttle do I have to twist to get somewhere with this? no ****

#2 ·
No more exhaust orders for 2012. Once I have finished all the orders in queue for this year, we are closing the shop in Washington state and then relocating to the Phoenix, Arizona area. More sunshine! Warmer temperatures. And a bigger shop!

I’ll start taking orders again in probably early February 2012. Watch the website or facebook page for details.

Mark / MotoCreations

Straight from the top of the boomtubes website.

#4 ·
I don't understand what the issue is, then. The message is directed right at people like you, and explains the situation. There's no need for him to reply to additional inquiries. In February, he'll accept your order. If you don't want to wait till then, look around for a used set. I don't know what bike you have, but they're out there.

#5 ·
Uh, it says that he'll take orders starting in Feb of 2012.... you know like 10 months ago.

#8 ·
Monster 696 Dark 2009

I am just irked because I have questions and I've never gotten any responses to numerous emails to both H Comp and Boom Tube..
that kind of money should get a phone call or maybe some emails..I dunno..

on my way home tonite I wondered if anyone has ever put boom tubes on a Prius

#9 ·
But those pipes are from a garage mechanic. You are not buying a product from an actual manufacturer. The guy makes them up one at a time per order. I understand what you are saying about frustration, and if you called me I'd try to answer or at least return your call. At least that way I could start a list of customers. Yet being as that he is not a true manufacturer, how do you know he isn't on a wonderful vacation somewhere traveling all over the sunny East side of the Globe? He might be snorkeling in Fiji, treating his wife to a vacation in India, who knows. Yet you call him out for being an asshole that won't return your calls. Did you do any research with the "Google" to see what type of business the guy runs? If you had, you'd see that this was just a side hobby type of business. So then the asshole runs off to have a nice time away from your phone calls before he moves a few thousand miles from his current home and gets set up again.

Sure you are frustrated, but hey that's life sometimes. You also have the option of buying several thousand other mass produced exhausts as well. Show your frustration with a set of Termi's or a QuatD.

#10 ·
I think you guys are being a bit harsh to the OP. That actually was a very benign rant. I can totally see where he is coming from, at least from the communication side of things. It's not the first complaint that I have heard that the communication really is just not ideal. There may be a million different reasons for this, some valid justifications and some not. But I'm a sales engineer, and to me communication is paramount to customer satisfaction. They may or may not be great guys, with great products, but non-responsiveness is just not good for business.

As a disclaimer I have not tried to contact either of these vendors so I have no personal "dog" in this fight.

#11 ·
Not too fancy.

Have local muffler/ hot rod shop make em'. I've made plenty of exhaust systems up with pipe pieces and duct tape... then taken to muffler/ weld shop and have them welded up. Take your Front & rear header to shop and have ends fabricated the way you want em'... that way you have a "One-Off" custom... much cooler than mass produced custom. Most muffler shops are up to date w/ fuel injection and you can buy "Lamda" probe bungs from Monsterparts.com or Motowheels. Just my 2 beans, and if you go Termi's get the Carbon Fiber cans... seen a couple of the stainless variety rust???

#13 ·
Have local muffler/ hot rod shop make em'. I've made plenty of exhaust systems up with pipe pieces and duct tape... then taken to muffler/ weld shop and have them welded up. Take your Front & rear header to shop and have ends fabricated the way you want em'... that way you have a "One-Off" custom... much cooler than mass produced custom. Most muffler shops are up to date w/ fuel injection and you can buy "Lamda" probe bungs from Monsterparts.com or Motowheels. Just my 2 beans, and if you go Termi's get the Carbon Fiber cans... seen a couple of the stainless variety rust???
I have been thinking of going this route. I just don't go bonkers over the way any of the aftermarket mufflers mount on the 1100 EVO. Either they cover the wheel to much, or the angle doesn't look right, or the actual mufflers are too small so don't sound as deep as I like. I guess I'm just a picky S.O.B. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.