Monster S2R 1000 accessories, please advise - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

» Site Navigation
»
»
»
» Other Ducati Motorcycle sites
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

Old 12-04-2012, 02:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Monster S2R 1000 accessories, please advise

Hi all,

I am a member of the DesmoRiders DOC club in Bucharest, Romania. I am for 3 weeks in Los Angeles and I would like to buy few accessories for my S2R 1000 from 2008. Can you please advise me on what would be the best options and from where can I get them in LA area ?

I have the following on my list:

- Passenger left foot support (I have the actual support, I only need the mobile part that holds the foot with the spring, bolt and stuff)

- Exhaust middle pipe. I have the termi finals but in the middle I still have the OEM Catalytic Converter. I found something quite cheap on Amazon from Danmoto, is that reliable ?

- Cluch pressure plate + collars, springs and screws. I found some different options, some on Amazon, some onn eBay, some on Motowheels-Motorcycle Performance Products for Ducati, MV Agusta, Aprilia, KTM - Rancho Cordova - Sacramento. Any recommendation on the brand ?

- Cluch open cover

- Clutch Slave Cylinder. I have the Ducati performance model but I'm not too happy with it, I understood that there are better models out there, any recommendations ?

- Rear original signals

- Used , not functional instrument panel (speedometer) - I only need the front plastic frame, the one with the 2 glass circles that protects the dials

- Dainese gloves, boots and leather jacket. Any idea of the right place in LA to get those ?

Thanks a lot !

Doru
th30nly0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 05:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by th30nly0n3 View Post
Hi all,

I am a member of the DesmoRiders DOC club in Bucharest, Romania. I am for 3 weeks in Los Angeles and I would like to buy few accessories for my S2R 1000 from 2008. Can you please advise me on what would be the best options and from where can I get them in LA area ?

I have the following on my list:

- Passenger left foot support (I have the actual support, I only need the mobile part that holds the foot with the spring, bolt and stuff)

- Exhaust middle pipe. I have the termi finals but in the middle I still have the OEM Catalytic Converter. I found something quite cheap on Amazon from Danmoto, is that reliable ?

- Cluch pressure plate + collars, springs and screws. I found some different options, some on Amazon, some onn eBay, some on Motowheels-Motorcycle Performance Products for Ducati, MV Agusta, Aprilia, KTM - Rancho Cordova - Sacramento. Any recommendation on the brand ?

- Cluch open cover

- Clutch Slave Cylinder. I have the Ducati performance model but I'm not too happy with it, I understood that there are better models out there, any recommendations ?

- Rear original signals

- Used , not functional instrument panel (speedometer) - I only need the front plastic frame, the one with the 2 glass circles that protects the dials

- Dainese gloves, boots and leather jacket. Any idea of the right place in LA to get those ?
What part of LA will you be in? It's a big place.

Beach Moto in Culver City/Venice area has a good selection of Dianese, Rev-It, and other quality brands.

Pro Italia in Glendale (Montrose really) carries a bunch of hard parts and also has a decent selection of apparel.

There are probably other shops as well but those are the two I have personal experience with.
jmayzurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmayzurk View Post
What part of LA will you be in? It's a big place.

Beach Moto in Culver City/Venice area has a good selection of Dianese, Rev-It, and other quality brands.

Pro Italia in Glendale (Montrose really) carries a bunch of hard parts and also has a decent selection of apparel.

There are probably other shops as well but those are the two I have personal experience with.
I'm in Santa Monica, thanks for the reply, I will try those locations to see what they have ..

Meanwhile I've been searching on the web and I found few of the things on my list:

- the middle pipe from Danmoto, I hope the quality is good.
- EVR Ducati Vented Clutch Pressure Plate from Motoweels.
- Carbon clutch cover from Amazon.
- OBERON Clutch Slave Cylinder from Motoweels.

I still need help with the following items that I cannot find anywhere:

- Rear original signals

Last edited by th30nly0n3; 12-04-2012 at 07:40 PM. Reason: New information
Old 12-04-2012, 08:27 PM   #4 (permalink)

+1 for proitalia. They seem to have a good stock of aftermarket parts, maybe not so sure for OEM. For clutch pressure plate and spring kit on my S2RK I went with EVR, along with hard anodised basket 48T. I also have the EVR 28.5 mm clutch slave, which I'm happy with, but if you have the DP 28.5 I don't think you'll notice any difference by switching brands. I have the DP open carbon clutch cover from proitalia and its a beauty.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
AndyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:26 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyB View Post
+1 for proitalia. They seem to have a good stock of aftermarket parts, maybe not so sure for OEM. For clutch pressure plate and spring kit on my S2RK I went with EVR, along with hard anodised basket 48T. I also have the EVR 28.5 mm clutch slave, which I'm happy with, but if you have the DP 28.5 I don't think you'll notice any difference by switching brands. I have the DP open carbon clutch cover from proitalia and its a beauty.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the reply, can you give me a picture of how your clutch looks right now? I am thinking of the same options but I would like to see how it looks in reality.

Thanks!
Old 12-11-2012, 05:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

I have the Spark mid-pipe from Desmoworld in Germany on my S2RK. It's been good and unlike the Termi, allows you to change the oil without removing the headers. I would wait until I got back if I were you and order that on line. I think I paid around 200 Euros.

Make me an offer on pm for stock rear signals, if you want. I am one of thousands of guys who replaced his signals (with Rizoma Track 77's), so the stock signals sit in a drawer in the basement.
Maple Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:25 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by th30nly0n3 View Post
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the reply, can you give me a picture of how your clutch looks right now? I am thinking of the same options but I would like to see how it looks in reality.

Thanks!
Sorry about the delay, been away - here it is
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clutch1.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	105097   Click image for larger version

Name:	clutch2.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	105098  
AndyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:03 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyB View Post
Sorry about the delay, been away - here it is
Thanks Andy, it looks very good indeed, I took a slightly different one, i don't have it yet on the bike, but I like it

http://houstonsuperbikes.com/i-85780...tch-cover.html

I took also the same pressure plate kit from EVR as you have, Oberon slave cylinder, brembo brake and clutch master cylinders and some carbon parts as well .. I'm looking forward for the spring

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year !
Old 12-27-2012, 08:09 AM   #9 (permalink)

I like the color scheme you're going with. All dark. It has a very stealthy look.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
nextfriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:15 AM   #10 (permalink)

The types of bikes parts you are asking for it can be directly purchased through online stores of bikes. Or you can also buy it through our stores where we provide large variety of fixie bike parts.
Dennygkarven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement