1100s Evo passenger pegs on a 696? - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

» Site Navigation
»
»
»
» Other Ducati Motorcycle sites
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

Old 12-03-2012, 04:48 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 1100s Evo passenger pegs on a 696?

I'm curious if the passenger peg setup on the 1100s evo is compatible with the other monsters, namely my 696? As seen here:

I like the standard hanging footpegs more than the arm that reaches back there, so even if i got rearsets, I'd probably prefer this option for the passenger pegs than an aftermarket rearset with the arm.

I found this link for buying them separate:

http://www.gothamcycles.com/Frame/du...-1100-evo.html

My bike is winter-parked at a friend's place so I can't go check if the subframe even has the requisite bolt-holes right now.

Input? Thanks.
malamikigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 06:44 AM   #2 (permalink)

The 696 has the holes as well, that is where the rear tank support bracket is bolted to. That bracket is the same for the 696/796/1100, so I assume the rear pegs would fit as well.

2012 White Ducati Monster 696 ABS

Ducati Performance Termignoni Carbon Race Exhaust ∙ Ducati Performance Race ECU ∙ Ducati Performance High Flow Filter ∙ Ducati Performance Open Airbox ∙ Ducati Performance LED Indicators ∙ MotoDynamic Sequential LED Integrated Indicators ∙ Evotech Tidy Tail Fender Eliminator ∙ Evotech Frame Sliders ∙ Reverse Retro Barend Mirrors ∙ ASV F3 Shorty Black Clutch/Brake Levers ∙ Pro Tek 14T Front Sprocket ∙ GoPro HD Hero2 Motorsports Edition
krafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:46 AM   #3 (permalink)

Sweet, thanks.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

I think that you need to go to a dealer and do some measuring. They may hit the pipes.
2010 696 ProTune Powermap programmer, EvoTech tail, Quat D Alum slip ons, Artrax wavy rotors, K&N, 14T, bar risers, G2 Throttle Tamer. Still working on swapping all of the black plastic over to carbon fiber. Oh, and no more ugly charcoal canister!
TonyDiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:08 AM   #5 (permalink)

ooh, I want those front pegs for my 696.
tedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:03 AM   #6 (permalink)

Yea, i want the whole setup. Rearsets and passenger pegs. Probably not cheap though. Good call on measuring around the pipes.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:33 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDiv View Post
I think that you need to go to a dealer and do some measuring. They may hit the pipes.
Yeah, you might need a setup like the Boomtubes or Quat-D EX-Box for them to clear.

2012 White Ducati Monster 696 ABS

Ducati Performance Termignoni Carbon Race Exhaust ∙ Ducati Performance Race ECU ∙ Ducati Performance High Flow Filter ∙ Ducati Performance Open Airbox ∙ Ducati Performance LED Indicators ∙ MotoDynamic Sequential LED Integrated Indicators ∙ Evotech Tidy Tail Fender Eliminator ∙ Evotech Frame Sliders ∙ Reverse Retro Barend Mirrors ∙ ASV F3 Shorty Black Clutch/Brake Levers ∙ Pro Tek 14T Front Sprocket ∙ GoPro HD Hero2 Motorsports Edition
krafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:15 AM   #8 (permalink)

I'm not into either of those systems and love my termis, so if that's the case i won't do it.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:52 AM   #9 (permalink)

It's a shame that Ducati dealers keep virtually NO parts in stock. It would be great to be able to take one of those passenger peg mounts and actually hold it in place on a 696 in the showroom to be sure it fits.

If this works then I won't have to bother painting the ugly stock setup black, to make it 'disappear' a bit more.
2010 696 ProTune Powermap programmer, EvoTech tail, Quat D Alum slip ons, Artrax wavy rotors, K&N, 14T, bar risers, G2 Throttle Tamer. Still working on swapping all of the black plastic over to carbon fiber. Oh, and no more ugly charcoal canister!
TonyDiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:19 PM   #10 (permalink)

In looking at a picture of a 696, unfortunately I can't see them working out. I think on the right side it's going to run into the pipe for the exhaust, and on the left it may cause interference with the shock. This is just eyeballing it using pictures of course, but that's how it looks to me.

View them full size to really see what i mean:

bummer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement