1100s Evo passenger pegs on a 696? - Page 5 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

» Site Navigation
»
»
»
» Other Ducati Motorcycle sites
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

Old 12-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyducati View Post
S*R rearsets do not fit perfectly. They need spacers and leave large empty holes in the bottom of the engine case.
To clarify; S*R rearsets fit perfectly and DO NOT leave any empty holes. The "spacer" required fills a gap on the left side lower mounting bolt, this is not an issue and is not even seen unless you get under the bike. I used a few stacked 3/8" washers. Do you see any empty holes?

As Daddyducati confirmed - Evo rearsets will be ~$600 all in. At that price point I'd go aftermarket adjustable. S*R rearsets can be installed with fresh powdercoating for <$150...or $75-100 if your cool with silver. No fudging with bushings required and you get folding pegs and full brake switch compatibility just as Ducati intended.

I'm waiting for my carbon heel guards to come in but you get the general idea. Ill post pics again once everything is complete.

I'm fabricating a carbon fiber reservoir extension bracket, that's why the reservoir is just hanging there. For the quick and simple you could just cut the reservoir hose shorter and use the stock location or use the Evo bracket for $10 - part #827.1.620.1A

Last edited by jmlenz; 12-12-2012 at 05:02 PM.
jmlenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #42 (permalink)

Awesome, thanks for the info.
malamikigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:44 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by caferacermike View Post
Sorry Mala I don't see that Daddy threw the first stone in this fight. I'm not prepared to step in and delete any comments either. Seems DD here was very content to just leave it at that after explaining his who, what, and why and then walk away.

So please cool down and stop arguing. Both of you just let it ride from here.
Well thanks Cafe.

Looks like I hit a soft spot on you there Mala. No harm was intended. I thought I was just doing some guy on guy jabbing. You know, banter to keep entertained during the cold bleak days of winter. Some of us are more sensitive that I realize I guess. Sorry if I offended you with my woman comments. Not sure if you are, but you sure swear like a man.

My point was that I just think factory fit rearsets look a heck of a lot better that some cobbled up 10 year old painted ones with a bunch of spacers and extra wires hanging out of them. Ultimately it is your money and if saving 150 bucks is important to you then do as you need to do. The point of my post on your initial thread was to answer your question if it could be done (I was the only person to reply who has done what you were asking about by the way) and then I gave you some images so you could see just how factory they look on the bike.

Then you want to argue. What was the point of the thread? You should have started a new post called "What is better on a 696: S2R rearsets or Ebay rearsets?"I go to this forum for information (which I provided) not to see people arguing and swearing.
daddyducati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:23 AM   #44 (permalink)

Sorry for firing back on you. I'm over it, more interested in the information provided. I do appreciate the writeup on the evo rearsets. It's good info for someone looking to do that conversion, which I will still consider doing when it comes time to look at a pricier option than the s2r sets.

To clarify though, the thread was actually started with a question about 1100 evo passenger pegs working on a 696, not about rearsets at all. Once it was determined that the 696 lacks the holes in the subframe for mounting the passenger peg arms, then the thread sort of morphed into more of the discussion around rearsets in general.

So, the point of the thread was to find out about mounting the passenger pegs from the 1100evo on a 696. After that I was just in it for the discussion/debate. Sorry you thought I was being argumentative...I was really just offering counters to the points that you were making. I still think what I was saying were valid responses.

For instance, if someone else came into this thread and had been considering evo rearsets vs. ducabike or woodcraft, etc, they would've been informed of the difficulties (and solutions) of both options. They would've seen that, okay, the evo rearsets require some time with a hydraulic press. And they also would've seen that aftermarkets lack a rear brake switch in most cases. You explained how to get around the issues in the EVO install, and I explained that adding a brake switch to the aftermarkets isn't too daunting or expensive.

I know that I, having absolutely zero experience using hydraulic presses or anything of the like, would personally prefer to install something that is more "plug and play" so to speak, and fiddle with adding the pressure switch rather than messing with hydraulic presses.

So anyway...that's all I was trying to do, was show that there are solutions to the shortcomings of aftermarket sets. That's my piece. Please don't read any attitude into this reply, none is intended at all. Just trying to rationally explain thangs.

-matt
malamikigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:29 PM   #45 (permalink)

Well thanks. I fell like we've been to the wall and back and now are friends. Kinda like getting in a fist fight at the bar over a girl then getting chucked out and then sharing a cab with the guy you were fighting with. (I've done that) What doesn't kill us only makes us closer.

Good luck with your conversion to whatever you choose. Can't go wrong when it means replacing those ugly stock chickenwing rearsets that came on the 696.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:23 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
My point was that I just think factory fit rearsets look a heck of a lot better that some cobbled up 10 year old painted ones with a bunch of spacers and extra wires hanging out of them. Ultimately it is your money and if saving 150 bucks is important to you then do as you need to do
DD -

Justify your $600+ stock rearsets all you want but please stop spreading false information about other viable options. Again, the S*R rearsets DO NOT leave open holes in the engine case and they DO NOT leave wires hanging down. The spacer is a non-issue as I showed in my previous post (you have to crawl under the bike to even see it!) and everything else is factory perfect. Those are the facts, stop saying otherwise. And who's talking about 10 year old cobbled up rearsets as an example??

Another correction of your post; the difference in price between these options are not $150...try more like $450 pal...and that's WITH fresh sandblasting/powdercoating for a better than factory finish.

For the record I like the EVO rearsets, they look great, just please stop spreading false information about other options to help you justify your purchase.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:52 PM   #47 (permalink)

Here is a similar set that will fit either.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPus-Ducati-...-/270666426558

2012 White Ducati Monster 696 ABS

Ducati Performance Termignoni Carbon Race Exhaust ∙ Ducati Performance Race ECU ∙ Ducati Performance High Flow Filter ∙ Ducati Performance Open Airbox ∙ Ducati Performance LED Indicators ∙ MotoDynamic Sequential LED Integrated Indicators ∙ Evotech Tidy Tail Fender Eliminator ∙ Evotech Frame Sliders ∙ Reverse Retro Barend Mirrors ∙ ASV F3 Shorty Black Clutch/Brake Levers ∙ Pro Tek 14T Front Sprocket ∙ GoPro HD Hero2 Motorsports Edition
krafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:36 AM   #48 (permalink)

Dear jmlenz,

I am not your pal nor do I want to be pals with you. You are annoying ands a tad obtuse I think. As I have said before, do whatever you want to do to your bike. I could care less I was only offering real life information to answer what I thought was a question. If you can find S4R rearsets for 100 bucks and get them prepped and painted to a factory finish as well as find spacers for just another hundred you should do it. What I did is complete, works great, looks great and is a good alternative to other rearset options out there. I am surely not trying to justify it. I was trying to help, or so I thought.

By the way your name, jmlenz, it is really gay. Looks like it reads jism at first glance to me. You might want to fix that.

Last edited by daddyducati; 12-21-2012 at 03:50 AM.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:18 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Dear jmlenz,

I am not your pal nor do I want to be pals with you. You are annoying ands a tad obtuse I think. As I have said before, do whatever you want to do to your bike. I could care less I was only offering real life information to answer what I thought was a question. If you can find S4R rearsets for 100 bucks and get them prepped and painted to a factory finish as well as find spacers for just another hundred you should do it. What I did is complete, works great, looks great and is a good alternative to other rearset options out there. I am surely not trying to justify it. I was trying to help, or so I thought.

By the way your name, jmlenz, it is really gay. Looks like it reads jism at first glance to me. You might want to fix that.
Your response exudes class and sophistication; a truly valuable contribution to this forum. Well done.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:02 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlenz View Post
Your response exudes class and sophistication; a truly valuable contribution to this forum. Well done.
Well finally, someone recognizes just how valuable I really am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement