1100s Evo passenger pegs on a 696? - Page 3 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

» Site Navigation
»
»
»
» Other Ducati Motorcycle sites
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

Old 12-10-2012, 01:43 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krafty View Post
The 696 has the holes as well, that is where the rear tank support bracket is bolted to. That bracket is the same for the 696/796/1100, so I assume the rear pegs would fit as well.
wrong, so wrong
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 01:49 PM   #22 (permalink)

sorry for the multiple posts; but here is the solution for passenger pegs if you are running any rearsets that delete the "chicken wings". I have these on order. Great Italian product and actually cheaper than many passenger peg options for aftermarket rearsets. Also, these are not rearset dependent so you can use them with S4R rearsets, 1100Evo, Woodcraft, Rizoma, etc.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270666426558...84.m1423.l2648
Old 12-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #23 (permalink)

Yea, I've seen those and have them under consideration for if I do the s4r rearsets. I'm curious though, how close the positioning is to where the chicken bones place the passenger pegs.
malamikigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:45 PM   #24 (permalink)

I have done the EVO rearset conversion so to make a long story sort of short,

I ordered all the parts I thought I needed to swap out the ducati batwing rearsets from my 696 to the way more attractive EVO 1100 rearsets. I found one other guy in the US that did it and said it was a direct swap and took him all of ten minutes. I went to the dealer and cross referenced some parts and took a look at both bikes and on a logically assumed they would fit on my 696. Well after 2 days of wrenching, one trip to my local Chrysler dealer to use their hydraulic press, and a lot of messing around I had them on.

The rear sets look fantastic and feel a bit lower than the stock sets. I am happy I did this mod but I learned a few things on the way that I should share in case some of you want to try the same.

Parts: Left and right rearset, left and right heel guards, small bracket for raising the brake reservoir up an inch, EVO 1100 brake pedal, bolts for the master cylinder, bolts for the heel guards, 6mm bolt to hold the reservoir on the bracket, mat black paint from parts store (for the shifter pedal), zip ties.

Special Tools: a hydraulic press for getting the bushings out of the large hole in the stock rearsets and then into the EVO rearset.

Time: 6 hours working carefully and still managed to break a spring

Cost: $500 for the parts, $60 for the hydraulic press time at the shop, $10 for paint, $25 for the spring. $5 for zip ties to contain the brake lines. (I'm not sure I saved a whole lot of money compared to aftermarket rearsets like Woodcraft.)

Notes: The master cylinder is a direct fit and has an adjustable plunger, but the brake lines are a tight fit. I had to loosen the banjo bolts at both end of the line to redirect the lines to make some slack. I also removed one of the clips that hold the line to the swing-arm as I needed the slack to get the parts to fit properly. The reservoir line needed to be cut and redirected. I had to paint the shifter pedal as an EVO replacement was 100 bucks. The brake light still works with the rear brake pedal (unlike woodcraft). As for passenger pegs... who rides on the back of a Monster? No need for them at all. Anyone who want to hang out with me better have a bike of their own cause they aint riding b!tch on my bike!

here are some pics.

http://ducwc.ca/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=1663
http://ducwc.ca/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=1662
http://ducwc.ca/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=1781

Last edited by daddyducati; 12-10-2012 at 11:48 PM.
daddyducati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:51 PM   #25 (permalink)

Thanks for the writeup. I'm more interested in just doing the s4r rearset swap at this point though. For the amount you paid to swap to the 1100evo ones I would've just done aftermarket.

Also, your pic links don't work for me. I may have to sign up for that forum to see them.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:03 AM   #26 (permalink)

I'll try to repost the pictures. They really do look good and fit the look of the bike perfectly. S*R re4arsets do not fit perfectly. They need spacers and leave large empty holes in the bottom of the engine case. I looked into that quite extensively. My swap is the way I would recommend.

Old 12-11-2012, 12:22 AM   #27 (permalink)

yea...but for pretty much the price of your swap i'll go with aftermarket. Cncracing comes in at 622 and is pretty sexy:

In doing the s4r rearsets it's just a cheap alternative to the ugly stock chicken wings.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:29 AM   #28 (permalink)

If you do your homework you will find most of these aftermarket reasets do not have a provision for the rear brake light switch. The only ones I could find that did were the Risomas and they cost 800 bucks. I don't know about you but I use my rear brake to get people off my tail in traffic by tapping it to flash the light. Safety is #1. Plus why would you spend 700 bucks on a rearset that doesn't have folding pegs or a light switch. Seems silly to me.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:56 AM   #29 (permalink)

I know they don't come with a switch, but a pressure switch is only like 20 bucks from yoyodyne. Folding pegs....well...that's a matter of preference, I suppose. I had solid pegs on my Gilles Tooling rearsets for my SV and quite liked them. I realize folding is nice if you touch the pegs on the ground, but I ride on my monster on the street and if you're scraping pegs on the street then you're pushing it too hard. Take it to the track at that point.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:58 PM   #30 (permalink)

Sounds like your convinced to do what you want to do. Don't let me stop you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement