bar end mirrors - Page 2 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

» Site Navigation
»
»
»
» Other Ducati Motorcycle sites
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

Old 11-21-2012, 11:37 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny5 View Post
Ah OK, thx... didn't see the "Bikemaster" listed in the title of your post. Are these the ones you have? How is the fitment? Are they convex?

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...WT.MC_ID=10010

I ask because I bought a generic set off of Ebay some ways back and they were nice except the fitment on the bars. I ended up losing one on the highway. I'd rather not spend $200 on a set of mirrors (But I will if I have to lol)
Yes these are the ones I have. Yes they are convex (slight but effective). IMO They work great as long as you dial them in and don't mess with them a lot. I remember one occasion where I accidentally bumped the mirror while walking around my bike and it loosened, luckily I always have an Allen key set handy. Yes I agree if I'm going to spend 200 on mirrors they better have some LEDs or something fancy...

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Designer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 01:25 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Designer View Post
I offered a wide range of suggestions for the OP, from cheap to expensive... You did not offer any suggestions.

Yes price does make a difference to me, especially when rebuilding a bike.

The rest is just my personal taste...

Cheers.
I recommend the CRG mirrors... kinda figured that would have been obvious.

I have the Lane Splitter mirrors on my bike and I've had them on other bikes I've owned. Great product, well made, no issues to report after tens of thousands of miles, set 'em and forget 'em. Being able to fold them in traffic is very useful to me and AFAIK CRG is the only company that makes a folding bar end mirror (or at least they were when I bought my first set).

Last edited by SDRider; 11-21-2012 at 01:40 PM.
SDRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:44 PM   #13 (permalink)

Yeah I'd do Rizoma or CRG but I want to put more of my cash into Termis or some other can and reflash, so I figured I'll try to save $$$ where I can.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:04 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny5 View Post
Yeah I'd do Rizoma or CRG but I want to put more of my cash into Termis or some other can and reflash, so I figured I'll try to save $$$ where I can.
I looked at the Rizoma but they don't fold and I didn't really want to make my bike wider since I lane split all the time.

The CRG mirrors are very clear, don't suffer from vibration issues like the stock mirrors do and they are decent size so you can get a better view of what is coming up behind you or alongside you.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:20 PM   #15 (permalink)

Check out the Oberon ones. 2 Mirrors and 2 bar ends $60.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

Last edited by CanadianEh?; 11-21-2012 at 07:33 PM.
CanadianEh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:30 PM   #16 (permalink)

I've had both CRG Lane-Splitters and Rizoma Reverse Retros on my bike. Actually, if you install the Rizomas so that the Mirror itself is on the inboard side, versus outboard...meaning the bulk of the mirror is over your hand, it actually won't make the bike wider. In fact, it'll be narrower than with the CRGs.

I had the CRGs, then wrecked my bike (not the mirror's fault). I replaced the CRGs with RRR mirrors. I couldn't be happier. I got the RRR BECAUSE they gave a narrower appearance. And, I find now that I have a better view behind me with the RRR. The CRG bar end (you know, the plug that fits into the end of the bar to which the mirror clamps) is far superior to the Rizoma, however. The CRG bar ends affix to the bars as if they were welded there. The Rizomas spin no matter how tight I wrench them.

Super bummer.

Both are great. My personal preference simply is the Rizomas.
wsmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:21 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsmiller View Post
I've had both CRG Lane-Splitters and Rizoma Reverse Retros on my bike. Actually, if you install the Rizomas so that the Mirror itself is on the inboard side, versus outboard...meaning the bulk of the mirror is over your hand, it actually won't make the bike wider. In fact, it'll be narrower than with the CRGs.

I had the CRGs, then wrecked my bike (not the mirror's fault). I replaced the CRGs with RRR mirrors. I couldn't be happier. I got the RRR BECAUSE they gave a narrower appearance. And, I find now that I have a better view behind me with the RRR. The CRG bar end (you know, the plug that fits into the end of the bar to which the mirror clamps) is far superior to the Rizoma, however. The CRG bar ends affix to the bars as if they were welded there. The Rizomas spin no matter how tight I wrench them.

Super bummer.

Both are great. My personal preference simply is the Rizomas.
I liked the Rizoma because the mirror surface is flat vs the convex shape of the CRG mirrors which have the effect of giving you a wider field of view but it makes everything appear smaller. It's a trade off but ultimately I prefer the CRG because of the folding aspect. With the mirrors folded in the bike is barely any wider than the handlebar itself. The Rizoma I think have a slightly higher quality finish.

Oh, and the Rizoma mirrors were even more expensive than the CRG even with the bar end adapters (which work quite well).

I don't think you could go wrong with either one quite frankly. I looked at both when I bought my Ducati and ultimately went back to the CRG lanesplitter mirrors. I sold my last bike with the CRG mirrors on it. Those mirrors were one of my first purchases and I had them on the bike almost the entire three and a half years and 17,000 miles I owned it. Great product, worth every penny, would definitely recommend.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:17 PM   #18 (permalink)

Rizoma Reverse Retros are what I have. Love them.
wmhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:59 PM   #19 (permalink)

I have CRG LS on my 400 and rizoma reverse retros on my s2rk. I prefer the CRGs - definitely better view, superior quality and look good. Will probably swap them into the S2R

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
AndyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:45 AM   #20 (permalink)

Rizoma Spy!
Advertisement