SSS mod on a 696 - Page 2 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

» Site Navigation
»
»
»
» Other Ducati Motorcycle sites
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

Old 11-15-2012, 04:46 PM   #11 (permalink)

I actually built the entire bike for less than I could have purchased a used stock 696 for. I was searching for parts on my original 696 and kept finding great deals on enough to build a second bike.
65218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2013, 02:12 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65218 View Post
sure

here's the build, I got the swingarm from rubbersideup on e bay for a good price, I beleive the wheels are of an 848. The masters and the forks are off an 848 evo, woodcraft clipons, speedy moto triples, airbox off a 796 with a k&n, ducati performance seat, compwerks tail kit painted flat black, 1100 exhaust, termi w/ ecu for a 696, woodcraft rear sets, billet alternator cover and reservior covers, goodrich clutch and rear brake lines, crg mirrors with rhino moto slider bar ends, speedy moto frame slider, DP carbon front fender, Bestem carbon rear hugger, JT rear sprocket and QC carrier set up with a 525 15/42. other littl ebits like preload adjusters grips, smoked windscreen, etc.
http://www.ducati.org/forums/monster...build-3-a.html

I've since gotten a speedy moto sprocket cover, done some monkeying around with suspension setup, and got new tires. The 1100 exhaust gives it lots of performance when romping on it and running it up mountain roads, but on a slow downhill put at about 4k I get an intermittant lambda code simply because it is overpiped for that. The bike flicks into corners so amazingly well. I was planning on putting an oil cooler and a steering damper on it too, but nothing reasonable is coming up on e bay lately.

I might be selling it shortly if my S2R 1000 doesn't move. I'm pairing down the stable and my 848 corse is not going anywhere.
hi , im doing a 696 sss coveriosn , just got the swingarm , please give me inks of everything else id have to buy to get everything smooth ,(speedo tamer) ,will 1100 evo wheels fit on my front forks with the necessary discs an 1100 evo front wheel would come with ?
KM848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:12 PM   #13 (permalink)

When I got my replacement rotors, the listing for the 696 and 1100 were the same.
2010 696 ProTune Powermap programmer, EvoTech tail, Quat D Alum slip ons, Artrax wavy rotors, K&N, 14T, bar risers, G2 Throttle Tamer. Still working on swapping all of the black plastic over to carbon fiber. Oh, and no more ugly charcoal canister!
TonyDiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:21 PM   #14 (permalink)

Speedo healer from Healtech industries to correct for difference, if the swing arm did not come with a brake line and a speedo sensor you will have to get those as the lines are longer, I used a galfer brake line, wheels (but you said you have them)and a rear hugger. everything else should transfer. make sure you grease the hell out of the pivot bearings in the case. I don't know if the front brakes will work, my issues came from changing out to superbike forks and using the stock 696 brakes thus requiring a 15mm offset rotor as opposed to the stock 10mm. I would guess the front wheel should work, but you'll find out shortly. If you need 15mm offset rotors- 999 rotors will do the job and rubbersidedown on e bay has treated me well for parts.

Last edited by 65218; 10-03-2013 at 06:27 PM.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:31 PM   #15 (permalink)

How does the SSSA affect the handling of the bike? Obviously they don't handle contortion forces as well but can you tell a difference?
BobbyC1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:45 PM   #16 (permalink)

I didn't notice any handling change due to the rear, but I did notice significant changes due to the front end mods I've done. The rear just looks a heck of a lot better and servicing tires, brakes and gears are also much easier. I also put a 41t aluminum quick change carrier on mine while I was there. SSSA's are designed quite well and you would really have to be an experienced and aggressive track rider to tell the marginal difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement