Baffles - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

Baffles

I have a Termi exhaust system and want to remove the baffle how do I go about it?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 11:49 AM

I have termis on my 796 and there is a allen screw for each can that locks the baffle in place. Screws are on bottom of can for my setup.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App

2011 M796 Red - Evotech Fender Eliminator, PSR Carbon Frame Slides, Carbon Termignoni DP. Rizoma bar ends, DP low seat, TechSpec tank grips
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppeVR6 View Post
I have termis on my 796 and there is a allen screw for each can that locks the baffle in place. Screws are on bottom of can for my setup.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App
After you removal the allen bolt, just use a pair of needle nose pliers and a rag to grab the silencer and pull it out, you might need to use a bit of force, I almost had to wiggle one of mine out, pushing it back and forth. The other came right out.

2012 White Ducati Monster 696 ABS

Ducati Performance Termignoni Carbon Race Exhaust ∙ Ducati Performance Race ECU ∙ Ducati Performance High Flow Filter ∙ Ducati Performance Open Airbox ∙ Ducati Performance LED Indicators ∙ MotoDynamic Sequential LED Integrated Indicators ∙ Evotech Tidy Tail Fender Eliminator ∙ Evotech Frame Sliders ∙ Reverse Retro Barend Mirrors ∙ ASV F3 Shorty Black Clutch/Brake Levers ∙ Pro Tek 14T Front Sprocket ∙ GoPro HD Hero2 Motorsports Edition
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by krafty View Post
After you removal the allen bolt, just use a pair of needle nose pliers and a rag to grab the silencer and pull it out, you might need to use a bit of force, I almost had to wiggle one of mine out, pushing it back and forth. The other came right out.
Guys thanks for the replies so that I am clear the bolt is on the bottom of the exhaust port, at the end of the can? I dont need to take the exahust off where the pipe runs into the cans, correct?

So inside that hole on the bottom is a allen bolt? If so then thanks just want to make sure.

Gary
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 12:25 PM

Well you didn't tell us what model/year you have, but yes. The bolt should be on the bottom. No need to take the can's off, at least for newer models I can attest. I'd take a picture but I took my cage today. To cold here in FL

Ducati Performance Termignoni Carbon Race Exhaust ∙ Ducati Performance Race ECU ∙ Ducati Performance High Flow Filter ∙ Ducati Performance Open Airbox ∙ Ducati Performance LED Indicators ∙ MotoDynamic Sequential LED Integrated Indicators ∙ Evotech Tidy Tail Fender Eliminator ∙ Evotech Frame Sliders ∙ Reverse Retro Barend Mirrors ∙ ASV F3 Shorty Black Clutch/Brake Levers ∙ Pro Tek 14T Front Sprocket ∙ GoPro HD Hero2 Motorsports Edition
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 12:30 PM

Here ya go

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode