Motodynamics Fender Eliminator? - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

» Site Navigation
»
»
»
» Other Ducati Motorcycle sites
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

Old 09-13-2012, 07:02 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Motodynamics Fender Eliminator?

Anyone try the Motodynamics eliminator? I have been looking at their integrated lights which looks incredible. It says direct bolt on for most models, although there is an asterisk saying "Models with seat posts must be cut off prior to installation" What models have these seat posts? I have a 2012 M696 ABS.

Thanks,
krafty
krafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2012, 12:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have the same bike as you and have their taillight it is a very simple install. Here is a photo of mine with the Evotech eliminator. Do not know much about there eliminator but I would call them If i were you as they have very good service IMO. Here is their number 626-618-2026.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ducati 696 006.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	104455   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ducati 696 018.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	104456  

Last edited by AZ-Monster; 09-13-2012 at 12:51 PM.
AZ-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-Monster View Post
I have the same bike as you and have their taillight it is a very simple install. Here is a photo of mine with the Evotech eliminator. Do not know much about there eliminator but I would call them If i were you as they have very good service IMO. Here is their number 626-618-2026.
Thanks for the pics, I'm definitely getting the light, looks fantastic. I shot them an email earlier about the eliminator, so we'll see what they say.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:41 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krafty View Post
Thanks for the pics, I'm definitely getting the light, looks fantastic. I shot them an email earlier about the eliminator, so we'll see what they say.
They didn't have any pics of the eliminator installed, so I just got the light and ordered the Evotech eliminator elsewhere. [thumbsup]

2012 White Ducati Monster 696 ABS

Ducati Performance Termignoni Carbon Race Exhaust ∙ Ducati Performance Race ECU ∙ Ducati Performance High Flow Filter ∙ Ducati Performance Open Airbox ∙ Ducati Performance LED Indicators ∙ MotoDynamic Sequential LED Integrated Indicators ∙ Evotech Tidy Tail Fender Eliminator ∙ Evotech Frame Sliders ∙ Reverse Retro Barend Mirrors ∙ ASV F3 Shorty Black Clutch/Brake Levers ∙ Pro Tek 14T Front Sprocket ∙ GoPro HD Hero2 Motorsports Edition
Old 09-14-2012, 02:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

I think you will be happy with the Evotech. It is built very well and has the best key access for the seat removal IMO. Doing them together makes the most scene so you do not have to pull it all apart again. There is a great write up on here on how to do the install your self and also one on youtube. It is pretty easy, but a little time consuming to do.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-Monster View Post
I think you will be happy with the Evotech. It is built very well and has the best key access for the seat removal IMO. Doing them together makes the most scene so you do not have to pull it all apart again. There is a great write up on here on how to do the install your self and also one on youtube. It is pretty easy, but a little time consuming to do.
How hard was the install? Haven't done any mods on my 2010 696 yet and I was wondering if it would be easy enough for me to do it without much experience.
Francesco_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:21 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesco_T View Post
How hard was the install? Haven't done any mods on my 2010 696 yet and I was wondering if it would be easy enough for me to do it without much experience.
I think so. It is pretty straight forward and comes with everything you need to hook it up. I find going slowing and doing some research before I start really helps. Lots of posts on here on how to access it. I am not very mechanically inclined and have done all the mods on my bike by myself. The satisfaction of doing it yourself is priceless. I would have paid the dealer over $1,000 to do what I have done on my bike for free and enjoyed doing it. If you want to take a road trip to Phoneix, I'll give you a hand

Last edited by AZ-Monster; 09-14-2012 at 06:23 PM.
AZ-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:07 AM   #8 (permalink)

Is there a picture available with the Motodynamics fender eliminator installed?? theeir website doesnt have any and Google doesnt find any...it looks to be very sleek and integrated
jmlenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:53 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlenz View Post
Is there a picture available with the Motodynamics fender eliminator installed?? theeir website doesnt have any and Google doesnt find any...it looks to be very sleek and integrated
No, and this is what Harry @ Motodynamic said.

Quote:
The evo tech and DP kits are much nicer IMHO thus the price they are going for. Ours is just bare metal with antirust coating. Nothing fancy.

2012 White Ducati Monster 696 ABS

Ducati Performance Termignoni Carbon Race Exhaust ∙ Ducati Performance Race ECU ∙ Ducati Performance High Flow Filter ∙ Ducati Performance Open Airbox ∙ Ducati Performance LED Indicators ∙ MotoDynamic Sequential LED Integrated Indicators ∙ Evotech Tidy Tail Fender Eliminator ∙ Evotech Frame Sliders ∙ Reverse Retro Barend Mirrors ∙ ASV F3 Shorty Black Clutch/Brake Levers ∙ Pro Tek 14T Front Sprocket ∙ GoPro HD Hero2 Motorsports Edition
Old 09-25-2012, 08:43 AM   #10 (permalink)

You'll be happy you install them both at the same time. I did it that way, and the install basically goes hand in hand, and you won't have to mess around with taking off the stock turn signals, etc. There is a very good how-to on this site somewhere on the Evotech install, highly recommend looking at that before/during your install. It helped me greatly.

Overall it took me 90 minutes, but I took my time. After doing it once, I could probably have it done in half the time. The hardest part for me was removing the plastic nut from the seat lock mechanism.

2012 Monster 796 Red
Arrow Thunder full Carbon slip-ons
Pazzo Powder Coated Red Short Levers
14T Front Sprocket
Bitubo Red Steering Damper
Speedymoto Frame and Rear Axle Sliders
Evotech Tail Tidy, Motodynamic Smoke Integrated Tail
Rizoma Radial Naked Mirrors (under mounted)
Ducati Tank Guard, Fluorescent Yellow Rim Tape
Painted "Windscreen", and Headlight Surround+Removed Signal Spacers
CNC Racing Reservoir Covers and Oil Plug
scottydoesnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement