Motodynamics Fender Eliminator? - Page 3 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

» Site Navigation
»
»
»
» Other Ducati Motorcycle sites
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

Old 10-08-2012, 08:15 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischievous M View Post
Your bike looks absolutely stunning... I've just managed to change my bike order from a M796 to M696 so i'm definitely keen on that clean beasty look you have on.
Thanks for the comment!

2012 White Ducati Monster 696 ABS

Ducati Performance Termignoni Carbon Race Exhaust ∙ Ducati Performance Race ECU ∙ Ducati Performance High Flow Filter ∙ Ducati Performance Open Airbox ∙ Ducati Performance LED Indicators ∙ MotoDynamic Sequential LED Integrated Indicators ∙ Evotech Tidy Tail Fender Eliminator ∙ Evotech Frame Sliders ∙ Reverse Retro Barend Mirrors ∙ ASV F3 Shorty Black Clutch/Brake Levers ∙ Pro Tek 14T Front Sprocket ∙ GoPro HD Hero2 Motorsports Edition
krafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2012, 02:33 PM   #22 (permalink)

My Motodynamics integrated tail and fender eliminator are on their way. I should have them both installed in the next couple weeks so we will FINALLY be able to get some pics of the fender elim actually installed on a Monster! Stay tuned...

FYI...the fender elim only fits Monster 696s (no flapper valve motor). If you have a 796/1100 (like me) you need to remove the valve actuator from the underseat with a Duc.EE or you'll have have a CEL.
jmlenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:21 PM   #23 (permalink)

Default Motodynamic Fender Eliminator installed...

Since there are no pics available anywhere on this FE installed I figured I would be the guinea pig and give it a go. I ordered the FE along with the Integrated tail directly from Motodynamic. The FE is a bargain at only $30!

Observations/review:

- The FE comes in a black finish they call a "rust proof coating". It would do the job but its not pretty. I decided to plastidip it. Much better look/texture and it came out great.
- The kit was missing the M6 screws and nuts for the seat lock, off to Home depot I went, not a great start here.
- Instructions kinda suck, they leave out a couple steps all together - you WILL get frustrated. After a few hours of fiddling, taking it on and off I got it to work (tip: the seat lock position is key for proper fitment)
- This kit relocates the seat lock to the location of the removed exhaust servo (yes you must remove the servo if you have a 796/1100) the plus side is that you get a very flush and clean look without the bulge.
- The kit comes with optional brackets for turn signals, but since I used the integrated tail they weren't needed
- cramming all the wires/harnesses into that small space is a challenge since it is so slim fitting.
- Like other FEs, the tail is not completely sealed from the elements and you can see the wires tucked into it from certain angles, not too happy about that, but did I mention it was only $30!?
- The integrated tail is awesome and works exactly as advertised. Stop alert function and sequential signals worked flawlessly.
- Overall I think its a good product for $30. Give it a better finish, better instructions, and include all the damn parts and I'd pay $50-75.

Without further ado...

jmlenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:52 AM   #24 (permalink)

Not really a fan of the "star" pattern in the metal, but looks like a decent product for the money. Only 30 bucks, you said?
malamikigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:22 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamikigo View Post
Not really a fan of the "star" pattern in the metal, but looks like a decent product for the money. Only 30 bucks, you said?
It's not like you'll see it once a license plate is installed.
dufuckincati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:46 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dufuckincati View Post
It's not like you'll see it once a license plate is installed.
No, obviously not. Not from the back, anyway. But it'd still be visible from other angles. The back of the plate is silver, the mount is black. You'd see the silver through the stars from some angles you look at the bike and can see the back of the eliminator. That's all I'm saying.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:04 PM   #27 (permalink)

Maybe you could paint the back of your plate black.
dufuckincati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:09 PM   #28 (permalink)

...alright, I'll give it to you...I never considered that. Haha
Old 01-31-2013, 04:52 AM   #29 (permalink)

Figured I'd update this thread with some more information on these motodynamic fender eliminators since I recently picked one up and installed it and their integrated LED taillight.

I'll say it like this: it was a hell of a bitch to install and the directions were pretty lacking, but now that it's in place, I am happy with it, for the money.

I don't deny that the evotech and other brands are probably higher quality, but I liked this one because:

a) the price
b) the way that it situates the plate. a couple of the others still drop it down a little further than I'd prefer and this one tucks it right up against the underside of the subframe.

I am actually going to be emailing motodynamic with some specific points of where I think their instructions are lacking.

But yea, for the bucks I am really happy with it. Looks great.

And i LOVE the sequential taillight.

Pics:

I'll take some better pics in the daylight. Here's a youtube I made too of the taillight:

(Plates are old plates off bikes I bought in US and brought to Canada, in case you're wondering why there's one WA and one OR state plate. Just thrown on there to have something in place.)
Old 01-31-2013, 10:20 AM   #30 (permalink)

Looks good. I have mine waiting at home to install. I'm going to see if i can turn the plate holder around and make the plate less visible to speed cameras though. i'll take pics and post them.
1UglyBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement