Since there are no pics available anywhere on this FE installed I figured I would be the guinea pig and give it a go. I ordered the FE along with the Integrated tail directly from Motodynamic. The FE is a bargain at only $30!
- The FE comes in a black finish they call a "rust proof coating". It would do the job but its not pretty. I decided to plastidip it. Much better look/texture and it came out great.
- The kit was missing the M6 screws and nuts for the seat lock, off to Home depot I went, not a great start here.
- Instructions kinda suck, they leave out a couple steps all together - you WILL get frustrated. After a few hours of fiddling, taking it on and off I got it to work (tip: the seat lock position is key for proper fitment)
- This kit relocates the seat lock to the location of the removed exhaust servo (yes you must remove the servo if you have a 796/1100) the plus side is that you get a very flush and clean look without the bulge.
- The kit comes with optional brackets for turn signals, but since I used the integrated tail they weren't needed
- cramming all the wires/harnesses into that small space is a challenge since it is so slim fitting.
- Like other FEs, the tail is not completely sealed from the elements and you can see the wires tucked into it from certain angles, not too happy about that, but did I mention it was only $30!?
- The integrated tail is awesome and works exactly as advertised. Stop alert function and sequential signals worked flawlessly.
- Overall I think its a good product for $30. Give it a better finish, better instructions, and include all the damn parts and I'd pay $50-75.
Without further ado...