Best Aftermarket Seat - Page 6 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

» Site Navigation
»
»
»
» Other Ducati Motorcycle sites
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

Old 10-18-2012, 07:29 PM   #51 (permalink)

Default Sargent is Excellent

Have had the M1100S for a month. Three weeks in I was ready to chuck the stock seat. Was worried because although the seat is crap, I was convinced that the real flaw was the way the tank curved too far towards the rider's crotch, so I was unsure that the Sargent would be a real fix, even though it is much flatter than the stock.

Have had the Sargent for a week and love it. Did a weekend ride, 8 hrs each day through mountain sweepers, twisties and some interstate, and it was amazing.

I've had a Sargent on my previous SV1000S and although it was very different (more of a scooped pan shape with harder edges than the Sargent Monster's higher saddle with softer sides that drop off more), both were huge improvements.

I'm 6'1" 185 lbs and the seat is just right height-wise. For sub-6' riders I would suggest the low version, not just for flat-footed stops but shorter arms will require a slightly more bent-over upper body riding position with a tall seat.

The look of the seam across the back of the rider's section of the seat looked strange to me in the pics online but I find the seat is actually much nicer than stock. I have the black welts on mine which look good with the white paint scheme.

Another member posted that the correct riding position on all monsters is butt pushed all the way back to the seatback. I think this is rider size dependant. If I push to the back of the seat my crotch is about 4" away from the tank - not great for sport riding.

Though expensive, I agree with those who say it's the best mod. I'm sure ecu reflashes and PCV and autotunes and such affect performance in a very positive way, but the seat upgrade fixes the very real and uncomfortable penis/testicle-crushing tendency of the Monster with stock seat. This, to me, is THE priority.
northern_exposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2012, 09:35 PM   #52 (permalink)
Site Sponsor

Default Sargent Seat Group Buy

We currently have a group buy going on on another website.
We've already submitted an order least week and have another order going in this week.

Deal is 10% off retail price and FREE shipping in the 48 states from now until Nov 18th.

If you are interested, please place your orders online using the following coupon codes:

*Coupon code on our website is "SARGENT" (all caps)

*Outside continental USA, use shipping passwords:

GLOBAL250 gets 25% off shipping on orders over $250
GLOBAL500 gets 50% off shipping on orders over $500
GLOBAL750 gets 75% off shipping on orders over $750

Sargent gives us FREE shipping to our location for every 10 seats ordered online - so we will be submitting the order when we hit 10.
We will ship from here the same day as they are received.

This offer is good for all Sargent seats- so tell your friends.

SARGENT "World Sport" Seat: 748-998 Monoposto
SARGENT "World Sport" Seat: 749/999
SARGENT "World Sport" Seat: 750/800/900/1000 SS '99+
SARGENT "World Sport" Seat: 750/900 SS/CR '91-98
SARGENT "World Sport" Seat: 848-1198 07+
SARGENT "World Sport" Seat: M620/750/900 '00-04
SARGENT "World Sport" Seat: M696
SARGENT "World Sport" Seat: M750/900 '93-99
SARGENT "World Sport" Seat: M796/1100
SARGENT "World Sport" Seat: Multistrada 600/1000/1100
SARGENT "World Sport" Seat: ST2/3/4
SARGENT "World Sport" Seat: Streetfighter
Sargent Seat: Hypermotard

SARGENT "World Sport" Seat: S1000RR

-M

96 M944
98 900SS FE
01 996R
02 MV Agusta F4
02 ST4S
05 999R
06 SC1000
07 1098
10 Streetfighter
moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:38 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hzelaya View Post
I couldn't go further because I put it in the house but maybe this well help?

Sent from Skyrocket (Android>Apple) on Motorcycle.com App
How do you have reflective rims? I would love to do that to my rims too!
Nel of Bklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:51 PM   #54 (permalink)

It's reflective rim tape. Can be had for about $8

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Chris796 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:02 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hzelaya View Post
I've been looking at some seats since my passenger complains a ton. I don't understand the difference between the touring seat, ducati custom comfort seat, high performance seat and a Sargent world sport seat. Any one have any experiences with these? I'm just looking for more comfort and hoping to buy the best one.
I have always used Corbin leather seats on every motorcycle I have owned over the past 20 years. They are firm, yet comfortable. They are more expensive than Sargent, but more comfortable for me. I have one ordered for my 1100 EVO.
jcarruth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:53 PM   #56 (permalink)

For my Monster 1100S, I bought the LUIMOTO seat skin along with their GOLD GEL insert. I cut out some OEM foam to fit the GOLD GEL and got rid of the slope, made it more flatter. My mod looks great and feels even better. Easy enough that I did the mod myself. Much more comfy than stock.... and MUCH LESS EXPENSIVE THAN BUYING A WHOLE NEW SEAT
riggskwong41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:15 AM   #57 (permalink)

I have the DP comfort seat on my M1100 EVO. Really have no complaints with it after a few thousand miles. It is a bit thicker so it will add about an inch of padding and thus seat height. I'm 5'11" though so I can still flat foot the bike. My wife much prefers the comfort seat to the stock seat.
SDRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:10 AM   #58 (permalink)

Default Corbin Seat

My 696 had the Ducati low seat on it when I bought it. Tended to slide me forward into the tank. Replaced with Corbin and very satisfied. Have had Corbins before on my BMWs and they are very comfortable/durable/last forever. A little expensive, but way better to ride on than what I had.
RGF113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:29 PM   #59 (permalink)

Nothing more subjective than how comfortable one's ass is on a motorcycle. I actually think the stock seat on my S2RK is pretty comfortable, and super comfortable by sport bike standards. My friend installed a Sargent on his, and I think the best thing about them is how they look. I've ridden it a few times and prefer the feel of my stock seat. Wouldn't have been happy to find that out 500 bucks later.

I was really surprised the OP lived happily ever after with his GF on the back of a Monster, that is, short of installing some Harley King/Queen abomination with a sissy bar and passenger peg extenders.

My other bike is a Triumph Bonneville and guys on Triumph forums cry like refugees about how cruel those saddles are. If you are suffering, a lower cost alternative is a guy named Spencer who has a business called greatdaytoride.com and a website telling you all about it. You ship him your saddle post paid, and he installs this supracor product which has gotten really good reviews. For around a hundred bucks, your saddle looks the same, but by all accounts is much improved in comfort.
Maple Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement