Vance & Hines CS One Review - Page 2 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

» Site Navigation
»
»
»
» Other Ducati Motorcycle sites
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

Old 03-16-2012, 03:56 AM   #11 (permalink)

Those look fantastic, better than I thought they would based on the pics from the V&H website.

Waiting for the vid to load to hear how the sound...
bodybag is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2012, 04:15 AM   #12 (permalink)

Nice sound

How are the RPM's at idle?
Old 03-16-2012, 04:49 PM   #13 (permalink)

I've been eyeing these for a while too. More video or riding with sound by chance?
Old 03-18-2012, 09:21 AM   #14 (permalink)
DM7

Hey Guys,

New member here. I just bought new M796 and have been considering these CS Ones so I e-mailed Vance and Hines. I just wanted to share their response. The e-mail was sent to info@vanceandhines.com.

My Email to Vance & Hanes
-----------------------------------------------
I'm interested in the Monster CS One slip ons for my Monster 796. Are these optimized for the stock ECU fuel map of the bike? Do I need to alter the Fueling using a product like the power commander in order to keep the bike from running lean? I've looked into the Fuel Pack and it seems there are no options for the monster 796. I want to make sure that I can run these pipes on my monster without any risk of damaging my motor through a lean condition. There seems to be no clear answer to this question. If these pipes are optimized for the stock ECU fuel map, please provide some documentation stating the fact.

Thanks very much for your time.

Their Response
We do not make a fuel tuner for the monster 796. You can try the power commander.

Thank you,
Ryan Guarado |

My response
You really didn't answer my question. Are the cs ones optimized for the stock ecu fuel map or not?

Their Response
It is recommend to tune the bike or will run to lean on stock ECU.

Thank you,
Ryan Guarado |

I'm not sure of Ryan's creditability, they may just be playing it safe by saying it'll run lean but it makes sense. I'll be buying the Termi's as I don't want to mess with power commander and dyno testing & maps. There are not good dyno shops for bikes around here.
DM7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:47 AM   #15 (permalink)

Lean?! Everything that I have been reading on aftermarket exhausts says the bike will run rich... strange.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:57 PM   #16 (permalink)

These sound great when riding it. No pops on decel and it feels smoother in the low rev range. RPMs at idle are no different than stock. No change whatsoever. Check out youtube, someone there posted some good clips while riding.
One thing I noticed is that there is noticeable exhaust fumes you can smell now, more than with the stock cans. Not sure if the stock ones have a catalyst in them or not. I have always associated this smell with a rich condition, but it makes sense that more exhaust flow would cause a slight lean condition.
I chose not to worry about the ECU, as I am not changing the air cleaner which would exacerbate the lean condition and I do not beat the shit out of the bike, shifting around 6-7K most always. If I wanted crazy power I would have got a Street Fighter or an I4 sport bike. I went for the looks and sound. Its 3X the cost of these for the Termi package, and I don't like the looks of them anyway. I just don't think its going to be a problem.
14T front sprocket
NoCal Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:41 AM   #17 (permalink)
DM7

Thanks a lot for your input. I'm sure that the termi slip on package adds maybe 1 or 2 horsepower which i agree isn't worth the price. But I know with my personality if I put on aftermarkets slips i'd be always wondering if my bike was lean unless i got it tuned. I am also in it for the looks and sound, not the power, but i'll get the Termi kit for piece of mind. I'm glad your bike is running well and hope it continues to do so. The CS Ones really do look great.
DM7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:50 PM   #18 (permalink)

Anyway someone who owns this exhaust could throw a measuring tape on it and give me 3 dimensions?

Length
Width
Height

Of one of the cans. My idea is to use this exhaust on a different bike.

Please?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
KyleRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:01 PM   #19 (permalink)

Anyway I could get the dimensions to a can?

Length
Width
Height

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 11-20-2012, 02:05 PM   #20 (permalink)

Could someone measure their CS ONE exhaust can for me?

Length, width, and height.

Trying to do a custom build for a different bike - and am finding getting this measurement difficult - need to make sure it will fit before dropping $700 for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement