Originally Posted by Vintagerider
I really like the Rizoma bars. I didn't get the conical bars. I put the regular bar, in black, on my Monster 696 and the it doesn't change the riding position drastically. What I found is that the hands/wrists are in a more comfortable position. Does that make sense? The wrist seems to rest a bit more straight with less of a kink then the stock bars, so the ergonomics of the riding position changes to a more comfortable ride.
Vintagerider or anyone,
I am about to replace the OEM handlebar of my 09 Ducati monster 696 for a Rizoma and I am seeking for help. Since you already went thru the trouble, I hope you don't mind sharing the following:
1. Do you recommend Rizoma conical (22mm at the ends and 29 mm in the center) or standard (22 mm all the way)
2. what was the height of the handlebar you installed? some people in the thread are saying that it hits the fuel tank when full travel (either side). This is probably the 20 mm height one (Rizoma MA010)
3. Does the conical need a new clamp (called single u-lock in the spare parts catalogue) because of the 29 mm diameter or the stock clamps are good?
4. The installation for the left and right side controls call for guide pinholes in the bar to properly locate them along the bar. Does the Rizoma come with these guide pinholes? If not, did you have to drill them. I believe that I saw a picture in this thread comparing the OEM and the Rizoma and I do not really see the pinholes but that picture was not for a 696
5. Anything else I need to know, any good installation video will be appreciated