Karate Kicked my rear turn signal by accident (Tail Chop related) - Page 5 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

» Site Navigation
»
»
»
» Other Ducati Motorcycle sites
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

Old 06-06-2012, 11:47 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidcarbon View Post
Or you can get an integrated tail light

http://www.monsterparts.com/pc/TLDMO...al/TLDMON.html
That light doesn't work with the new generation Monsters. The only available integrated lights are from Motodynamic (which are perpetually sold out) and Competition Werkes (which is not as full-featured, and depending on the version you receive, requires splicing). Don't make recommendations before knowing the facts, because you could inadvertently lead a newbie reading this thread to buy an ill-fitting piece.
89 Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2012, 11:55 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister.Renard View Post
Thanks for the help.

Evo kit ordered. Should have it in a week or two.
Ordered it from Synmoto.ca Kit was 15$ less than monsterparts.com and the shipping was half the price. I'll give you my appreciation of their services when I get it.

Well, after two months with the 2011 796, Givi windshield installed and now fender eliminator kit on the way.

What should be next? 14T sprocket? (All new subject that doesn't belong here. I'm just thinking out loud).
Good on ya for getting the Evotech kit. The Competition Werkes one is lightyears behind in quality, in my opinion.

I'd go for the 14t sprocket next and then modify any contact points, because those are where you will gain comfort and safety. Bar-end mirrors with better visibility, adjustable rear sets, the DP comfort seat, new grips, and more adjustable levers are all good things to look at. You can also take a look at the bars and decide if you'd like something like the Rizoma bars which have a stronger sweep-back angle, taller risers, or even clip-ons (as I have).

After that you'd just be spending money on eye candy (carbon fiber parts) or performance (termi kit, a dyno re-map, etc). You should think hard about how long you plan on keeping your bike before spending any serious money on these, because spending $2000 on full carbon everything is not an "investment" and you're going to decrease resale value.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:06 PM   #43 (permalink)

Thanks for the advices.
I take any help I can since I'm new to the Ducati world, even if it's my third bike.

FYI, the motodynamic integrated light is currently available for the 2009-2012 monsters.
Just ordered it. I figured I might as well go with it now since I have to change a flasher anyway. I had looked into tha toption before, but it wasn't available.
I've only seen good reviews on this taillight so I'll jump on it while they're in stock.

If anyone is interested, I'm ready to part with the touring performance seat. The guy I bought the bike from had bought it. For me, the position is worse than with the original seat. I'll post in the parts for sale section soon.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app
Mister.Renard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:08 PM   #44 (permalink)

Didn't know the Motodyanmic is in stock right now - it's usually MIA!
Old 12-26-2012, 10:19 PM   #45 (permalink)

Wow! I was searching for information on this as i broke mine off just a few weeks after owning it and I found this web forum. Joined.
Good to read I am not alone on this. Very thin plastic design holding it and as I intend to keep my 796 stock i will have to keep using super strong glue to repair. I use a clear super glue. returns it to like new look and strength, unfortunately that means it looks good but breaks off as easy as before.
Well, Ill keep gluing and probably devise another idea as I am a Tech and design nerd, haha.
Overall Im glad to find this forum!
This is my second ducati monster, first of this new design model and i am loving the new design, and antilock breaks !
Turns a lot of ladies heads here in Hawaii year round and that works for me. :-)
Christopher
Hawaiiwaterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:41 AM   #46 (permalink)

Wink Fender Eliminator / Tail Chop

MonsterTailChop.com
The kit provided for the 2009+ Monster 696.796, & 1100 is the Tits!
I have a 696 & instructions that came with the kit were perfect. There is also a video (Youtube) that walks you thru the install on a 796. The 796 and 1100 have exhaust flapper motors to deal, with while the 696 does not.
The kit installed in about 45 minutes (Not counting the time taken to bring to my work to utilize the Band saw to cut the stock mud flap) you could use a hack saw... but my results with a hack saw have never been pretty.
The kit relocated the rear turn signals in closer to the rear subframe, so you would really have to try and get your foot positioned correctly to kick them off.
I guess being some what tall 6'1" and a inseam of 34"... i did not get a chance to kick off my turn signals... did think the seat was hinged for some reason the first time I took it off, and dropped the seat right on the back of the cover/cowiling putting a nice scratch in the 7 day old bike back in May.
Happy New Year.
Beez
beezwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement