Xcentrik belly pan for M1100 - Page 3 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

» Site Navigation
»
»
»
» Other Ducati Motorcycle sites
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

Old 12-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by klem578 View Post
Mine's hold up well, no probs whatsoever...
There's already a small patch of thermal liner on the belly pan, so, no worries...

Oh yeah, don't forget to place some rubber grommets/spacers on each side of the mounting holes
Not included in the mounting kit? You are suggesting these to reduce vibration or simply for a better fitting of the pan itself?
speedbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2012, 11:04 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbeaver View Post
Not included in the mounting kit? You are suggesting these to reduce vibration or simply for a better fitting of the pan itself?
Nope, not available in the mounting kit...yeah, i know...

The mounting holes are pretty thin - mine cracked just a little bit before deciding on adding the rubber spacers, so yeah, they're good for reducing the vibrations transmitted to the pan itself.
Rosso Classico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:12 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by klem578 View Post
Nope, not available in the mounting kit...yeah, i know...

The mounting holes are pretty thin - mine cracked just a little bit before deciding on adding the rubber spacers, so yeah, they're good for reducing the vibrations transmitted to the pan itself.
Good to know. Thanks for the information.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:26 PM   #24 (permalink)

Did anyone else have trouble getting all of the mounting hardware sorted out? When I installed this belly pan on my 796 back in the Spring, I tried every possible combination of the extension studs but couldn't get the ones on the right side to line up on the same plane.

They have separate items for 696 vs. 796/1100/1100S, so I'm thinking they may have included the wrong bag of hardware with my order.

Eventually, I just made a trip to the hardware store and bought a longer cap screw and two nuts to act as spacers on the backside of the belly pan. That added the needed length to the short extender. Installed it all with thread locker and 5000 miles later, it's still good to go!

Vance & Hines | Rizoma | XCentrik Performance | MotoDynamic | Evotech | Motovation | Rhinomoto | Puig
MeatPopsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:54 PM   #25 (permalink)

I just received it and man, this is beautifull. It's just a pitty that I have to wait a couple of weeks before installing it (my bike stored at my brother's place for winter).
Took about 2 weeks before having a notice that it was shipped and about another 2 weeks to receive it in Canada. Not bad for a part ordered from Spain!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement