Hesa "Fire" Black Headlight with Fairing (suggestions, ideas, pics?) - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

» Site Navigation
»
»
»
» Other Ducati Motorcycle sites
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games

Old 01-15-2009, 01:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Hesa "Fire" Black Headlight with Fairing (suggestions, ideas, pics?)

Hey folks ;D
One of the mods I have been mulling over for quite some time was the Hesa "Fire" headlight. I liked the look of it on CDawg's bike but his doesn't have a fairing. I want to keep my fairing but am not sure how it will look or fit. I've done a photochop (okay it's not the best so maybe that's why I'm shying away from this light lately). Let me hear people's suggestions/ideas. If there is anybody out there that has done this headlight mod with a fairing a picture would be greatly appreciated.

Kind of reminds me of the headlight/fairing mod that Grubby did to his bike and I really liked.
Maybe if I darken the headlight in the photochop it would look better. ???

Last edited by drkmojo; 01-26-2009 at 07:52 PM.
drkmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2009, 03:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

You had me fooled until I read the caption; I thought you already made the change.

I've been undecided as to what headlight change to make as I also want to keep the fairing. Long distance rides are much nicer with the fairing. I would definitely use the Hesa if I could get it to look like it does in your photo. I think I may just give it a shot, thanks for your effort.

Last edited by Montducati; 01-15-2009 at 07:36 PM.
Montducati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks but I am not really sure about the size. Let me see if I can find a pic of CDawgs bike.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

Found a pic of CDawg's bike here: http://ducati-monster-forum.org/index.php?topic=7364.0 (NOTE: remove dashes for link to work)

Looks like the size on my photochop is off and I would have to mount the headlight differently as it looks like there wouldn't be space for the fairing using the OEM headlight mount.

Last edited by drkmojo; 01-15-2009 at 06:40 PM.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

Yea, I think you would need to use the fork mount brackets for the light that streetfighter sells and keep the oem bracket for the fairing. It may look a little busy, not sure.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

Maybe fork mount brackets like you said and cut off the unnecessary part of the OEM Bracket or move the OEM bracket down a bit like the headlight lowering mod I've seen done. I'll see if I can find some time to do photochop with better sizing and placement.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:24 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkmojo View Post
Hey folks ;D
One of the mods I have been mulling over for quite some time was the Hesa "Fire" headlight. I liked the look of it on CDawg's bike but his doesn't have a fairing. I want to keep my fairing but am not sure how it will look or fit. I've done a photochop (okay it's not the best so maybe that's why I'm shying away from this light lately). Let me hear people's suggestions/ideas. If there is anybody out there that has done this headlight mod with a fairing a picture would be greatly appreciated.

Kind of reminds me of the headlight/fairing mod that Grubby did to his bike and I really liked.
Maybe if I darken the headlight in the photochop it would look better. ???
kinda looks like the lights off of a train....

Last edited by sochuck; 01-16-2009 at 09:54 AM.
sochuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:30 AM   #8 (permalink)

or a 999
(which also looks like a train )

cdawgs bike looks great
MonsterHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:27 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterHooligan View Post
or a 999

cdawgs bike looks great
I am not sayin its not a great looking bike, I am just saying it looks like a train. Now if someone had the ability to handle Carbon Fiber and could make the roght light housing and fairing combo...oh yea they did its called the 999...LOL!!!! Nice work Dawg
sochuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:37 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterHooligan View Post
or a 999

cdawgs bike looks great
Yes, it does look great, then again most bikes on this site look better without the fairing, including mine.

However, I would be surprised if Cdawg is putting in 300-500 mile riding days without a fairing and if he is more power to him.

I think the real challenge is to make a headlight conversion work with the stock fairing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement